Clash of the Berserkers

Battlefield sight was composed of silence fragments mixed with loud screams, bloody rivers and time slowing its pace with every swing of the sword.

The angry heathens were falling and Ivar all soaked in blood was raging, firing deadly arrows without the miss. Saxons were falling too. But surprise was their trump this time. He was mad at himself for not checking the site first, like he always done in the past.

He couldn’t approach them close enough because of rocky terrain that was obstacle for his vehicle to go further. He started feeling anger taking over completely; destroying his thinking process, failure was never an option. So he scanned landscape in a flash, realizing that there is a way he could use so he could approach their commander and take his life.

Weather was not in their favor, Thor was raging too, and high waves were crashing the rocks. He was steering his horse near the edge which was dividing land from the sea, holding the reins with one hand killing the enemies with other wielding his sword skillfully.

He wasn’t only one which presence was dominating on the battlefield. Famous and worthy opponent had a statue of the Viking, gracious but deadly moves, and he was cutting through the flash of Ivar’s men, breaking their shields with his admirable force.

When they were close enough their eyes met, hate was radiating from both sides, but something else was present too. Bishop spit the blood, and changed hand in which he was holding the sword,  Ivar narrowed his eyes and picked one of the axes from his chariot, throwing her without losing on time, straight into the bishops hand which was holding the sword.

Sword fell, and Bishop started running towards the chariot, taking the first sharp thing he could get, without thinking much, and he ended up with an axe of the fallen pagan.
Ivar was laughing, waiting to cross his blade with ferocious Christian general. Kinetic energy radiated blast, through Ivar’s shoulder while he blocked the powerful blow.

Priest was striking again, Ivar was giving him hard time blocking the every strike, like he could predict trajectory of the axe, every single time.

Bishop had enough; he jumped on the chariot hitting Ivar with the fist, knocking his helmet down. Ivar caught his next attempt and applied strong pressure on Bisop’s wrist.
Their eyes were glowing between the raindrops and blood. Stubborn as they were and blinded by their rage, in all the wrestling, they booth failed to notice that the chariot was on the edge of a cliff, and when they booth feel holding each other it was already too late.

Water was cold and wild, they were still angry at each other giving their best to drown one another. Shock from the fall wasn’t enough to cool off their blood.

***

She was circling around the castle, looking for some salvation in reminders of his presence. Even the mystery of her past couldn’t awake so strong anxiety as the thought of him on the battlefield surrounded with danger and death.

She knew that there is no match for his strength and intelligence, but still fear was griping in her chest, keeping the breath captured longer than usual.

Horses was also awake, she could hear them rioting the night, feeling that her skin tightens around her shaky existence, she run outside, to be in the company of noble animals and find her comfort.

She loved the animals, and they loved her back, deep understanding was achieved shortly after first touch, so encouraged with horse friendliness, she climbed his back, steering him as further she could from the place that was still haunted with his invisible and agonizing presence.

Night was quiet, peaceful totally opposite than her inner world that was still boiling getting on intensity with every moment, lost without salvation.

Adrenaline also came to fight the rising anxiety, to challenge her limits, and only in pushing those limits she could feel freed from burden of uncertainty.

She gave herself into the moment without holding back, letting her body dance with the speed force. Respecting the power of magnificent creature that was carrying her through the night.

She was deaf to the danger that was chasing her way.

Dear readers, thank you so much for your support, I use this opportunity to apologize once again for grammar sins (as soon as I grab some spare time, I will take classes so I can improve). Please feel free to write me anytime and tell me your oppinion, suggestions, things I shoud work on... I wish you all amazing week  and wonderful days ahead!