Walls from glass

They were wild and strong, but sea was wilder, stronger, tired of their rage spilled in pure water. Waves separated them, threw them on the shore, even Thor gave up from his hammering, and they were tired and without consciousness far away from all maddens.

But any madness is a different story, so instead waking up to their freedom, they woke up as prisoners.

Two gorgeous specimens from both worlds were still somewhere in deep sleep, too tired to notice that they have been taken to unknown location.

But day was trading its duty with the night, and they were starting to regain consciousness again, Bisop was first one to open his eyes to this new and strange place.

Next to him longhaired commander of Heathens army was breathing heavily, and Bishop could hear once in a while "Aerlene!" That caused a wide smile on his face, transparent wall was dividing them but still, his desire to take his life stopped to be his priority. Real problem was unknown turn of event and waking up in place that was like nothing he had encountered before.

"Aerlene don't let go..."still she slipped from his grip, defying the gravity she was sucked in fire above. He gasped for air, his clothes were wet, and question about his alive/dead status bothered his mind. Blackout in the water was the last thing he could recall that and the fighting with the Christian commander, but from the lying position he saw only wall, so white that it made his eyes hurt.

Bisop noticed that his enemy woke up, and at first he was just observing him, studying from short distance appearance of the man who rose to the legend status faster than any leader in history.

His hair was dark, braided on top in long braid, and cut short on both sides of head. His cheekbones where high and sharp with large scar on the right cheek, his jaw strong with groomed beard, and when he turned his head to face him, eyes that priest met were dangerous as the story that was following the infamous name Ivar the Boneless.

"So priest is this your Heaven or my Valhala?" He said in fluent English, unusually calm, like totally different person than the person with which he crossed blade only few hours earlier.

"I would say it must be Hell, if I'm stuck here with you!"

Ivar started crawling towards the wall that was dividing them, touching the surface of glass carefully, than gazing at Bishops face again with evil grin, seeing the astonishment on his face.

"Well I don't plan staying in your hell for long..." He continued with scanning of room they were locked in"...I just came here to deliver you to your final destination!" but there were no doors, no windows... no reasonable explanation for the turn of events.

"I must say I'm impressed..." Bishop approached the glass wall too, looking at Ivar from above.

"You never seen a cripple before" Ivar recognized that look on priests face.

"Cripple commander of greatest Vikings army, that's a first!" And rage woke up too; Ivar could feel the old friend taking control again. "I admit, I thought those were only rumors, it's impossible for Norse men to accept a cripple as they leader, but I'm impressed, you are a quite a man Boneless!"

"Too bad you can't impress me Christian pretty boy. You Saxons are all the same, fighting like the frighten women, no one succeeded to stand on my way!" He said it, but deep down he knew that bishop truly is worthy opponent and great warrior.

"I'll show you how I fight when we leave this place!"

"Oh, there is some fire in you after all, I like it" Ivar said with a smile, and gave him a wink, Bishop sighted, and put his mind on search for exit.