Æsir's bridge

Floki cut the throat of blonde witch, and he jumped to check the condition of his wounded friend... Ubbe was behind with crossbow and fear, confused with more than one thing...

Blood of lovers was merging in one puddle flowing slowly over the floor around them.

"Is she alive?" Floki spread his mouth in wide smile, when he heard familiar grunting. But he was ignoring the meaning, still interested to confirm that his friend will survive. Ivar was blinking slowly, but his pulse was mostly stabile, and he raised his arm showing in her way.

"I'm fine it's just a scratch, we need to save her Floki!!!" Floki was still confused, but part of him who lost Helga, understood everything. He approached her, turning her around to check how serious her wound was.

Ubbe was now at Ivar's side, looking at the sword which was still buried deep in Ivar's arm. "Pull it out!" Ivar shouted, and Ubbe was still motionless with teary wide spread eyes. "Do I need to do it myself?" Ivar shouted again on his indecisive brother, making him make a move.

"That's right, pull it out fastest you can, and apply the pressure on the bleeding spot when the blade is out!" he continued to instruct his older brother, who just shot his girl for which fate he was worried more than his own. While the Ubbe was griping the handle of sword, Ivar was excepting the answer from Floki about her condition looking at him with deepest concern.

"She is breathing!" Floki answered, with fingers on her neck, in the moment when the Ubbe pulled out the sword with all his might, Ivar clenched his teeth, but he wasn't letting the pain out he even grinned when he heard the news.

"Arrow pierced her back...but I don't know what damage it caused...what should we do now?" Floki asked...and Ivar tried to pull up his body in sitting position but his arm was too badly damaged and blood was splashing around which painted the anger all over his concerned face.

Ubbe tied the bleeding spot tight and offered to help him up, and Ivar pushed him with his unharmed face. "Don't touch me...I will kill you if she dies!!!" Anger spoke trough him... after realization that Ubbe was the one who shot her.

"She was going to kill you! Was I supposed to let her!!!" Ubbe said, still offering his hand to Ivar to pull him up, and Ivar looked at Floki who was nodding, suggesting that Ubbe is right this time. And mature part of Ivar grabbed his brother hand, realizing that time is not to be wasted in pointless arguments.

"What's the situation outside?"

"Fight is still raging! But there is a way out of here!"

Few days later

Outcome of the battle was in his favor. Forever changed with what they saw, his soldiers were celebrating, he could hear their joy from the bed where he was spending last few days, waiting for stupid wound to heal and allow him to move independently again.

"You wanted to see me?" Floki let himself in Ivar's dark room, trying to sound indifferent to the sight of pale and sad Ivar.

"Yes Floki! I need to see her! I heard that she is awake now" he was begging with glassy eyes, in low voice. Floki sat on his bed, trying not to melt his undefined expression.

"I don't thing that is good idea!"

"Let me be the judge of that!"

"I understand your feelings, but she is not the same person anymore... sooner or later you will have to accept it!"

"I don't care if she is changed! She can kill me as many times she like! If you don't want to carry me there I will find someone who will!"

"When will you stop to be so hot blooded? Instead of your anger use your head this time! Do we know who is she now? What she came here to do? Where she needs to return to?" Think...she behaves like the mindless puppet now.. but there must be some cause that made her that way...I want to help you get your girl back...but I still don't have idea how!"

Daughter of Odin was echoing in his mind, but he was to terrified to even consider that fact... in what crazy version of life was possible that the perfect daughter of mighty all father, falls in love with damaged mortal, so he stayed silent... letting his thoughts search the solution elsewhere.

"The enemies we captured! Do they talk?"

"Living timid blond boy, who said that he is the brother of the one I killed, can speak our language...and he keeps repeating something about some bridge"

"Could it be the Æsir's bridge floki?"

"It is possible! I think you should interrogate the prisoner!" Floki said with hope in Ivar's brutality, and his friend nodded with content of new task to keep his mind on. He will peal the skin of his bones with content to discover how to help his girl finish her task, and returns her state of mind.