Aftermath

Hello amazing and lovely souls, thank you so much for keeping up with this story. I would hate to disappoint you, but I'm not sure am I continuing the story in appropriate and entertaining way. I would love to hear from you... and I wish you all lots of love and amazing week ahead! <3  

PS: I can't wait to connect Ivar and Aerlene again, so maybe that's why now when they are separated I hurry a little and it looks little messy...but I think everything will make a sense at the end.

Ivar, Bishop and Lyn

"How will we find her?" Ivar asked.

"There is a specific energy shift when she uses her power; it usually starts with an earthquake so intense that even mountains will move!"

"I can't remember any earthquake from the recent past! Especially not so intense, how about you priest" Ivar sounded a little sarcastic, having a hard time to believe in godlike powers of his future target. He closed his eyes, little taken away by the power of new drink, thinking about Aerlene, and how would be nice to feel her smell instead of artificial flowers.

"That is because she hasn't used her power yet! She must be hiding her identity, knowing that we will look for her!" Lyn was giving her best to attract his attention, losing her patience, missing his hands on her skin she sat in his lap. Feeling her weight he refused to open his eyes to uncomfortable reality, wishing only to push her away as further he could, but knowing that his loved ones may be in danger if he hurts her, he achieved self control.

"Is that an only sign?" Priest was feeling the heat chasing through his body, watching her sculptured curves, her luscious lips, thinking how he never seen fuller lips and greener eyes.

"When she uses her power for the first time here her eyes will change color, turning to purple!"

"So practically we are looking for purple eyed beauty, capable to move the Earth, how convenient!" Priest said, approaching her hungry for her smell.

Her twin brother Leo left them after diner knowing the intentions of his sister, she dimed the lighting in room, standing up from Ivar's lap, approaching the priest now, tracing the muscles under his tunic with her long black nails. He was older than Ivar but equally charming, they looked more like the brothers than enemies.

"Who is equally beautiful like you..." he accepted the game, touching her shoulder, moving his fingers across her skin. "Which I believe it is impossible!" He caught her in his net, grabbing her arm harder, pulling her around her tiny waist, kissing her passionate.

She was enjoying the taste of Midgard man, comparing him with men from her world which were cold, weak and uninterested in any form of emotional bonding, for them the mating ritual was just that, a mating ritual performed only in that cause.

Ivar noticed silence; he opened his eyes to the sight which was logical and predictable epilogue of the situation. And in situations like this, he was grateful that he doesn't think like other man, grateful that women can't manipulate him. But as longer as he observed their shameless passion outburst, his thoughts traveled back to Aerlene, and the feelings that her existence have awoken in him.

Aerlene, somewhere in the woods of Wessex

Consciousness returned in her body, bringing her memory back too. One of the Saxon solders was suffocating her with his rotten breath; leaning over her with his pants down, holding her hands pined in the mud. When he noticed that she opened her eyes, he was little confused with the lack of screaming, but her lips curled into smirk, scaring the s*** out of him.

She wrapped her legs around his head, breaking his neck in the instant, jumping into standing position soon after, using confusion of the others to pick up spear they used to knock her out of her horse, spinning it above her head searching the right balance point.

The rest was four of them, little scared but sure brave to attack dirty little pagan who dared to murder their friend, two of them wielded their long swords in her direction, one from the back, other from upfront.

She penetrated the torso of the first one to attack; pulling the bloody spear back she blocked the movement of sword from behind, kicking him in head with such a force that he fell dead.

Realizing the scales of the danger rest two from the group reached for their horses but she grabbed them by their ankles stopping them for reaching the horse back. They were forced to fight for their lives, so they tried, but they were no match for angry girl.

Seeing the life leaving the body of the last one from the group she fell exhausted in deep sleep and mud.

Hvitserk

The sleeping season of newly discovered killing machine lasted for two days. Hvitserk organized a search party, he himself leading them trough every inch of the woods and hills. Finding his healer was important for more than one reason, and avoiding Ivar's rage was the reason with heaviest weight.

The flock of ravens surrounded his horse, creating a formation which was guiding his subconscious to follow them. Birds showed him the way to unpleasant sight. At first seeing her unconscious naked and soaked in blood he thought she is dead, as well as group of Saxon solders slaughtered around her.

He jumped from his horse, thinking about the amount of strength needed to cause such violent deaths. Fallen Christians were armed, but when he touched her warm skin, shock was even greater. She was sound asleep, shaking her, waking her, didn't caused any effect, so he covered her exposed body with his fur coat and he returned her unconscious in their settlement.

Ivar and Bishop

Arrangements were made, and as promised Lyn let them go, taking them back to the place where they have found them. Smelling the sea and fresh air Ivar's heartbeats returned to normal. He had two desires at that moment to eat something hunted, and to hug Aerlene again.

He was giving his best to keep up with Bishops fact pace through uneven terrain, his arms became tired, and even the blood showed up on his hands, but pain was never a problem for his stamina. Although his face was reveling inner struggle and victory of determination, he wanted to go back to that damn battle field, see the aftermath and reunite with his people.

His Christian companion was annoyed by Ivar's vanity, knowing that it must be hard for him to drag himself over sharp rocks and miles ahead of them, so he broke the silence. "Maybe we should rest?"

"Why, don't tell me you are already tired Priest? Ivar spoke trough his teeth, containing the pain inside, keeping up, and ignoring the bloody stains beneath his palms.

"I'm tired!" he exclaimed, truly tired but not from the road, but more from Ivar's stubbornness.

"Fine, we will rest then, but not for too long! I'm eager to know how many of yours fell under the wrath of my army! Ivar said with a boyish smirk, glancing at raising anger on the face of his enemy that he started to like somehow, noticing their similarities.

Great self-control was one of many Christian virtues; he ignored Ivar's banter, taking a seat at one of the rocks, with the best view at wild sea. Ivar joined him exhaling the pain loudly, but keeping the poker face on.

"When you think about it now, what was that all about, ha?" he hit priest's biceps with his knuckles, having a desire to take his life, almost replaced with desire to get to know him better, to see how he thinks. "Other worlds, like this bloody one of ours isn't enough?"