Without her

Kattegat

On the top of Kattegat highest hill, screaming of Odin's favorite mortal was loud enough to radiate his pain trough the whole town. He had loved again... He was loved... and he lost her. His anger was at its peak. His dark side took over remains of his humanity. His hands were soaked in blood his soul in darkest despair.

**

Few hours earlier Lagherta got her punishment, he ripped open her back with melting iron, ex wife of his father was fearless in her worst moment.

"Where is she?" he was screaming in her ear, tugging her hair soaked in blood.

"No one knows that Ivar... I'm sorry if I hurted you..." blood eagled queen whispered with remains of her vanishing voice.

He cut deeper into the flash with unbearable pressure, with image of Aerlene's face torturing his insanity.

"She is dangerous Ivar!" Astrid was yelling trough tears, while his men held her head to the sight of bleeding Lagherta.

"So am I!" he howled, pulling his axe, landing it straight between Astrid's eyes.

"Ivar!" Hvitserk finally came confused with the blood spree. "Seer sent me for you!" The Seer he thought will finish same as Lagherta if he doesn't help him find his girl. Grain of hope pulled his body little further from scent of Laghertas internal organs, and Hvitserk got his full attention.

"Bring the old men here!" he ordered, and continued to cut deep.

"What if he says no?" Hvitserk asked.

"Then we do the same thing to him!" he spited trough teeth, glancing at his terrified brother. A moment of past showed up in his head, a memory of look in Hvitserks eyes when his axe hit their brother, now he was getting that same look, but this time he couldn't care less.

Time was passing slowly and his anxiety made him torture Margret while Lagherta was still gasping for air next to him. Blonde servant girl wasn't fierce like the queen she was not Valhala material, he notice that with first stab he inflicted in her palm.

"Ivar! Come to me!" seer voice interrupted his next stab. He turned his head around lowering himself from the low chair where she was sitting, and he crawled to Seers feet in his fastest pace, looking at him with hope, he licked old man hand.

"Not here!" Seer turned his back on him, gestiquling him to follow, which he did with accumulating sickness of uncertainty. When they were finally alone in the middle of the woods in the peak of the morning Seer sit on tree stump, and Ivar crawled to him, waiting... hoping...

"They found her!"

"Who are they? Where is she? I must save her!"

"Calm down the storm inside Ivar... breathe in... look inside your memories and you will get your answer on the first question!"

He tried to do so, disarmed under the effect of strong energy Seer was radiating around them.

"Lyn and her brother!? Aerlene is their prisoner? The beautiful monster they were talking about! I will crush dose insects!" He was breathing heavily trough his nose. "Where are they? Tell me? In England? On the place where they held me before?

"Enemy's become friends when they have a same enemy!"

"Stop talking in riddles!"

"His daughter is in danger he will find the way!"

"I told you to stop! Who's daughter? Are you talking about Aerlene? Whose daughter is she?"

"Ask your Gods?"

"I will kill you if you don't speak clearly!"

"You can't kill somebody who is already dead!"

**

Certain time jump, England

Time wasn't easy on him and he was helpless again, loathing in pain... he gathered even larger army, uniting earls and kings under his command. Every soul was searching for his dark haired beauty, but there was no sign on her.

At night he would be blaming himself... guilt was destroying him, slowly eating remains of his humanity. He became more brutal than ever, he would kill without blink for smallest mistake, anyone from his army, and let's not talk about Christians... he made life in England worst then Hell.

"Ivar?" He barely heard voice of his brother trough the brief break in his hammering. He lost hours on that chair, molding his rage into the deadly metal.

"What do you want Hvitserk?"

"Ubbe is back!" A heavy hammer hit the ground as Ivar's eyes widen in shock. "King Aetelwulf let him go!"

"Unharmed?"

"Yes, Ubbe is fine..."

"And he let him go just like that?"

"Ask questions later, come and see your brother!"

**

"King sent me here with a proposal!" Ubbe spoke, after they exchanged hugs, and Ivar's face again lost its softnes.

"I don't do deals with Christians!"

"Can you at least listen to me once without losing your temper, hm?" Ubbe asked, and Ivar nodded. "He wants to sign a thrust with you, he will accept our claim to the part of England, but you must stop raiding trough England!"

"Hahha I hope you told him, that I will do as I like, and that land is already mine... so he should be lucky that I haven't blood eagled him and his family yet!" he smiled after long time, actually he filled entire room with his loud laughter, and Ubbe was looking at silent Hvitserk confused.

"I haven't finished yet!" Ubbe cleared his throat and inhaled deeply. "He also offers you information about Aerlene and his captors!"

Ivar's face lost its color and his expression transformed in an instant, he slid his body from the chair and brought himself in front of Ubbe, gazing at him with hope and glassy eyes. "is it true brother? How could he know? How could he even know who I care about?"

"Bishop you let return back home, informed him about your kidnapping and since then king used all his forces to find intruders from another world, he didn't ignored the fact they are here like you brother!"

"I wasn't ignoring that event it just I was to busy to take those funny looking people seriously!"

"Well good thing that he is! He wants to meet you!" This could be a trap, a cunning plan of stupid Egbert's son that offended him and underestimated him long ago, but he couldn't care less knowing that life without Aerlene wasn't life at all.

"Hvitserk, go and tell our people to prepare my new chariot for the road!"