The Feast

Liquor which was gliding through her throat was sweet like the honey, adorably tempting, and she just couldn't stop  devouring the every drop of it, drowning her anxiety. In a place like the king's hall was, causes for anxiety were creeping on every corner, with so many new and unfamiliar people that she just craved to meet, as they were the part of her past. But the main cause was his absence and she hated feeling that way, it was like he became something of greatest importance in her days, like no event could be his match and amaze her or delight her more, then his presence.

Her eyes were wandering around the crowd, long haired gorgeous men were on every corner of her view field, but she was blind to their charms as always. The empty throne was also on her horizon, as her curiosity for the Queen.

But loud rhythmic sounds were defeating the reality of anticipation. Her heart was dancing before her body, and she knew that this time heart must be obeyed. So following the impulse from inside she stud up from her chair and accepted the music, without holding back, moving her body as she was made from rubber, as she was dancing to that beat for whole eternity. Drowning in moment forgetting herself completely, letting the existence celebrate trough her as an instrument.

She became blind for the shapes and colors, people and things, even for his arrival.

People were cheering when the Great Heathen Commander entered the hall, the stories of his victories and battles were widely known, even so that some of them considered him for direct descendant of the Gods. He was carried on a chair that looked more like the throne, and he was stunningly handsome with manly features, grown hair and a beard that was perfectly flattering to his strong jaw.

It was good for her to miss the sight of him under that light, and his facial expression as a response to their cheering, otherwise she would thrown herself in his embrace, influenced by strong drink that set her blood on fire.

He was feeling so good when he saw how much they admired him, how much they feared him, containing the unpleasant memories of the times before where no one believed in him, where everybody underestimated him. Still he couldn't locate her with his roaming gaze, he was anxious to see how will he manage to contain his rage and don't kill Lagherta immediately, because as much he hated to admit to himself, he needed her alliance in order to save Ubbe from king Aetelred.

He took his place near his friend King Harald, who was magnetized with the site of raven haired girl dance moves, but force of the magnet broke when he saw a face of his favorite Ragnar son, and his enthusiasm just couldn't be contained. "It is so nice to see you old friend! I knew you will get bored in England eventually!"

"Actually, I'm far from bored there!" He answered with his eyes locked on the sight of her silhouette dancing in front of flames, than he raised his glass trying to drown the spark witch the sight of her ignited in him.

"Oh I see?" Harald also raised his glass, and pated Ivar on the back, tracing Aerlene with his predatory gaze. "Who is she? Ivar wasn't trying to hide his discontent with Harald's reaction.

"She is a..." before he managed to finish his answer, crowd was again cheering to the arrival of queen of Kattegat. He felt rage reaching its peak in a light speed, tightening in his chest and a heart that wanted out. He was imagining his blade deep in her milky skin, and her blood drained till the last drop, on the thought his hand was tightening the knife on his belt so intense that blood dripped from his skin, but he was managing to contain himself while she was walking with her head high.

Aerlene noticed when the music stop and a grain of disappointed peaked on her lips, but she saw the reason, and she couldn't keep her eyes away from a staggering beauty of a woman that wore a crown. Long elegant dress, braided up do and fancy ladylike accessories, made her look elegant and feminine, but it was more in her than that, she had a stance of a strong women a real warrior.