Memory

He wasn't alone; others came soon after, surrounding her. She was trying to stay calm and focused, believing that the situation will be easily resolved.

"Look what we have here, little pagan rider far away from their settlement?" One of them said and she realized who they are.

"I'm not one of them!" She said dressed in their clothes. "I'm one of..." Christians, Saxons... she just couldn't roll the word from her tongue, realizing that although she spent years in their world she never felt belonging, like the case was with Vikings.

"Hmm, you speak our language, but you look like them! Brothers we are lucky for tonight we will taste Norse women!"

Now reality of her situation became inevitably dangerous, her heart was beating faster than ever before, she commanded her horse to go forward, but they were created a circle around her, and when her horse listened her command one of them used his spear to bring her down, she fell into the mud, with her face buried deep in the soft ground. She could see their boots getting closer, she could smell their intentions, and in short time flow she soon could feel cold hands on her skin.

He was ripping her clothes, sound of the thorn fabric, speeded up her breathing; she used her arms to push herself of the ground, but other man grabbed her hands, holding her down with all his might. His friend used tip of his knife to rip the rest of the fabric, leaving her naked.

She started to scream, but far away from settlement, no one could hear her attempts to summon the help. Loudest one from the group, answered to her screaming with strong punch in her muddy face. He wasn't spearing his strength she felt her skin breaking under his fist, blood left the vessels under the punch.

She blacked out from the second punch.

"Get up!" Pain was holding her stuck to the floor; she was barely letting the light through her thick eyelashes. "Show me what you are made off!" She was still ignoring his voice, tired to even look at him. But his shadow was covering the light, he came closer, determined to continue the fight. "Don't hold back!" he whispered in her ear, and he really meant it, but still brake was on, she couldn't allow risking so much without a proper reason.

"Who says that I'm holding back?" She confronted him with wide opened eyes, but still on the ground. He smiled. "True I was away for long, but we all know what you capable of!" Transparent drop from her eye, mixing with blood drops on her face.

His long blonde hair was shining brighter then the sun; it was so good seeing him again. And he had so much understanding in his eyes, so much warmth and love radiating, love that she knew she could never deserve. "Don't be afraid, you can't hurt me!"

She was hesitating still, but he lost his patience looking her so passive and week, when he knew she wasn't week. He wielded his sword, turning his blade her way, aiming her heart with whole power.

Moment of slowing the time, long inhale, and with next opening of her eyes, which became purple, she caught the blade between her palms, stopping the sword on an inch from her skin. Then she jumped on her feet, like the gravity force is immune to her movements.

"See, now we can fight!" He winked and started attacking her without the pause, her reflexes were in speed of light, unable to penetrate, drops of sweat were falling from his tanned skin on the marble floor. Intensity of purple between her black eyelashes was enhancing in color with every block, but while he kept attacking, she used her energy only to block his hits, still unready to attack, still held in one position captivated in her fear.

He scowled, at her persistent passivity "What's the matter, you are afraid, well I should give you something to be afraid of!" He backed of making a back flip throwing away the sword, summoning his weapon, weapon strong enough to destroy worlds and forbidden for use in training arena.

Then she knew that real danger is stronger than her inner fear, she caused his wrath, and the consequences were inevitable.

He caused a series of earthquakes under her feet, she was jumping high, keeping her balance, still running away from him, but his speed also lost patience, he managed to hit her with his weapon right in stomach, leaving her without air and with unbearable pain.

Presence of pain flamed spark inside her that burned the fear away. She narrowed her eyes, clenched her jaw, exiling what was left of air supplies, than she blazed in his breathing space, catching the arm, at least five size bigger than hers, in her grip, punching his face with other with such intensity that she could hear pain leaving his body, escaping from his lips.

He predicted the trajectory of her next punch so he craftily managed to avoid the hit; anger was rising under her skin, she backed a little, but enough to kick him in the stomach pushing him enough that her next kick in the jaw threw him of balance.

So she jumped over him, managing to contain her hand from touching his skin again. And he started laughing under her.

"I hate you! You know that, right!" She told him.

"See, you are grown women now, and you can control yourself!" But the sadness appeared again, now colored in gray again. She stud up, turning her back on him, determined to be alone, and thinking that their meeting was a bad idea.

He followed, still in pain from her punches, but keeping up with her like her shadow.

"Please leave me alone."

"What's the matter now, you are hiding from everyone these days as I heard, are you going to avoid even me." He griped her wrist making her captive of his sad gaze.

"I do what is best for everyone!"

"You can't leave your life like that!"

"It is easy for you to say that...for all of you...but you are not like me! It is true that I love you, and because of that will always remain on the safe distance, that is my choice!" She escaped his grip, and covered in tears she returned to her chambers.