☆35☆

Nari sat at the table looking up at Jimin, her eyes blinking rapidly. "Friends?"

Jimin internally died a little. He hadn't wanted to say the word "friends" but it was the right way to do things. He knew this in his mind, but his heart wanted something else. That is, if his heart truly knew what it wanted. He thought for a moment in the silence about how silly it was to be so attached to a girl he didn't even really know. He barely knew her name, but he knew what school she went to, her music skills, the fact she was incredibly beautiful to him...bah. It was silly. He needed to get to know her. For all he knew, she was a man-hating closet psychopath just waiting for some unsuspecting guy to show interest in her and then BAM! They would find him in some basement somewhere, dismembered.

"Jimin, you look horrified right now." Nari giggled and rested her chin on her raised hands, leaning on the table in front of her. "Did you say something you didn't mean?"

Jimin's eyes flashed to her, amazement written all over his face. "How did you know?" he whispered softly.

"Know what?" Nari looked at him with genuine innocence on her face.

"Nothing," he said, smiling shyly and waving it off. His hand moved up and ran through his hair. He cleared his throat softly as he waited for her to speak.

Nari watched his gestures and she felt like it was sweet. It obviously seemed to be a nervous habit or one that would detract from his insecurities. His pink hair made him seem slightly paler than she remembered him being before. His eyes still had the colored contacts in from their earlier performance and the subsequent fansign. She felt herself staring and no matter how much she told herself to pull her eyes away they just stayed locked on the beautiful man in front of her.

Jimin watched her stare at him and he felt increasingly uncomfortable. Her gaze was vacant like her mind was somewhere else, but her eyes were locked on him. He wasn't even sure she was actually blinking. He finally felt awkward and waved a hand a few inches in front of her face. "Nari? Hello?"

Nari blinked and sat back in her seat, letting out the breath she had apparently been holding in. "Sure, Jimin, let's be friends." She smiled a wide smile and it made his heart flip a few times. Even when she was being cheesy she was beautiful.

"Really?" He tried not to sound too excited. He felt like some evil mastermind putting his plan for domination into play. He froze as his thoughts began to sound so wrong in his head. He ran a finger around his collar. He felt hot all of a sudden.

"Sure. My sister trusted you so I figure I can trust you. Right? You are trustworthy, yes?" She stared directly into his eyes. He felt like her eyes were staring into his soul. He felt exposed somehow and like all his secret wishes and desires would be revealed if he didn't look away, which he did while nodding.

"Of course. But not too trustworthy. No guy is one hundred percent trustworthy," he warned with a sly smile.

Nari blushed and a small laugh escaped her lips. "Duly noted," she said. The silence that then fell on the room felt heavy and stifling. She felt like bringing her here alone was a bit of overkill to just ask to be friends. Her hands fidgeted under the table as she was now unsure of herself and what she needed to do. The situation was growing increasingly awkward.

Jimin felt the tension in the air and he reached down and grabbed his coat. "Can I escort you home? I can even take you home if you aren't afraid of my manager's driving." He grinned and his smile warmed her heart. It was a bit boyish but still manly.

Nari cleared her throat and choked back all the strange thoughts popping up in her head. She really needed to get out of this room and soon. "Um, it's okay. There's a bus stop close to here I think. I'll just get a ride on that to go home. Thanks for the chat," she said, holding out her hand, "friend."