☆63☆

The last note had been played and the music ended, echoing throughout the hall. The audience stood to their feet, showing their love for the performances through vigorous clapping.

The entire orchestra stood and bowed, the conductor turning to the audience as well. The curtains came down and the concert was officially over. Ria rushed over to Nari and grabbed her into a spontaneous hug.

"Nari!  That was amazing!  I really enjoyed playing with you!"

Nari was still trembling from the nerves that immediately returned as soon as she had played the last note. Musically accompanying Ria had been enjoyable and fun. She had lost herself in the music, getting caught up in the chemistry of it. Nari wrapped her arms around Ria's shoulders lightly. "Thank you so much for this opportunity," she said quietly.

"You deserved it," grinned Ria. "I need to go find the conductor. Excuse me." Ria rushed off in the opposite direction, leaving Nari standing on the stage alone. 

Nari looked down the stage to the wings where Jimin had been standing. He was no longer there and she grew curious as to where he had disappeared to. She frowned slightly as she walked all the way to the stage exit and still there was no sight of him. 

She walked back towards the waiting room where she had left her things earlier, intently looking at each face that approached her. He was nowhere to be found. She began to feel sick and frustrated, then confused and abandoned. This was a big moment for her and he just disappeared? Walking into the waiting room, she collapsed down into a nearby chair, the adrenaline finally wearing off and leaving her exhausted. She kicked off her heels, allowing her sore feet to rest for a moment.

The room was eerily silent, bags, backpacks, instrument cases, purses, hair irons, and blow dryers, were all littering the floor and counters. Most of the orchestra hadn't made it back here yet, so Nari had a few moments alone to collect herself.

She leaned forward slightly in her seat, propping her self up on her arms and staring down at her toes. She wiggled them slightly and the glanced over at her bag where her phone was located. She wanted to text Jimin and find out why he had abandoned her. She felt hurt but also didn't want to talk to him when she was so upset. Every scenario of why he might have left buzzed through her mind and none of them made sense to her. She was baffled. 

"Hello? Ria?"

Nari looked up to see Jun poking his head into the doorway. He smiled at her and stepped into the room. A small, but beautiful, bouquet of flowers was in his hand. The soft pink tissue paper surrounding them crinkled slightly as he held them gently.

Nari smiled sadly at the flowers. "Looking for Ria?"

"Yeah. She must be talking to some of the orchestra members or something. I saw her get surrounded pretty quickly when I came backstage but then I lost track of her. I see her bag over there so I'm sure she'll be here sooner or later."

He grinned and motioned towards the empty chair next to a Nari. "May I sit there for a moment?"

Nari shrugged and then nodded. She had no reason to save the spot. 

"Where's Jimin?"

Nari shrugged again and stared back down at her stockinged toes. "I don't know."

"Oh? Well, huh." Jun looked at Nari carefully and noticed her eyes were looking a bit moist. 

"So I talked to him earlier. I think he reluctantly forgave me but that's all I can hope for, and frankly, that's good enough for me." He turned the bouquet slowly in his hands. "He's a good man, Nari. I'm sure he has a very valid reason for not being here right now."