☆52☆

"Did you see my video this morning?"

Nari looked down at the text message and smiled. She had finally gotten over the initial shock of it all and was now simply basking in the newfound joy of being Park Jimin's official girlfriend. She began to reply when the door to the cafe jingled and she looked up from her tea cup.

A small, slender woman stepped into the shop dragging a large suitcase behind her. Nari watched her, puzzled that a tourist or someone traveling would come so far off the beaten path, apparently straight from the airport. She sipped her coffee lightly, looking over the edge of the cup at the woman who was now standing at the counter, looking around like there was someone she wished to see.

The door to the kitchen swung open and Jun stepped out, wiping his hands on his apron, eyes glued to the tea pots and coffee makers behind the counter. "Welcome to The Cup Holder, what can I get you," he said out of habit, his eyes still focusing on the work at hand.

"Jun," said the woman softly.

Nari strained to hear it but she did hear it. Her eyebrows shot up and suddenly this stranger looked much more interesting than she had a few moments ago.

Jun froze. His head and eyes were still looking downward and Nari watched as he blinked a few times.

"Jun," said the woman again, this time placing her hand on the counter. Nari noted her long, beautiful fingers and she felt like this mystery woman was part of a puzzle she could solve if only she could figure out the significance of the pieces.

"Ria," said Jun with a heavy sigh, his head slowly raising to level his eyes on the small woman in front of him. They locked eyes and Nari watched as Jun seemed flustered and caught off-guard. The moment of silence seemed to drag on until the woman he had called Ria spoke next.

"Aren't you going to say it's nice to see me? Say hello? Anything?"

Nari's eyes got even wider as she suddenly realized who this woman was. This was the woman who had broken Jun's heart and left him behind in Seoul for a career in music. The same woman who had written him the letter apologizing for everything. 

Just then, Minnie appeared from the back of the shop and froze when she reached the counter area. Her eyes were glued to the face of the young woman.  "Ria, imagine seeing you here," she said softly but with a friendly smile. 

"Hello, Minnie.  At least someone here is happy to see me."  Her voice wavered as if she were about to cry. 

Nari suddenly felt very awkward for observing this uncomfortable situation.  She quickly looked around and decided her break should end early.  She glanced at the teacup, wondering if she should walk it up to the counter as she always did.  Maybe today was a good day to play the customer, so she left it sitting on the table, half full.  She sat down at the keyboard and began to play, trying to ignore the tension building behind her. 

"Ria, how about we have some tea or coffee and catch up," offered Minnie, coming around from behind the counter and placing an arm around the young woman's shoulders. 

"I would love that.  I have a lot to share with you." 

"Jun, you remember what she likes, right?"  Minnie gave Jun a pointed smile.  The barista scowled deeply but nodded his agreement with her statement.

Jun watched as the two walked to a back booth and sat down. He glanced at Nari playing the piano and back to Ria. His chest felt tight and uncomfortable.  His head was a mess and he just wanted to run outside and breathe some fresh air. He quickly made the tea that was requested, setting a small container of honey next to the cup. Ria loved hot tea with honey, but she never wanted someone to put it in for her.  She wanted to add it herself because it had to be just the right amount.  He laid a small spoon on the saucer next to the cup. He placed Minnie's cup on the small round tray and walked the cups to their table.