☆43☆

Nari hadn't slept much during the night. She tossed and turned and even took a late night walk, against her better judgment. Standing now in front of the bathroom mirror, preparing for class, she looked at her pitiful reflection.

Choi Nari, you look like crap.

"Wow, girl, you look like crap," mumbled Gina, walking straight into the bathroom, not even bothering to knock.

"Yah. I'm trying to get ready here," grumbled Nari. "If you're going to barge in without knocking, at least have the decency not to insult my appearance." She groused at Gina, causing her friend to look at her sharply.

"Hm. Something's wrong in Nari World. Did you sleep at all last night? I woke up once because I had to use the bathroom and you weren't in bed." Gina looked at her friend in the mirror. Nari did, indeed, look terrible. "What's going on," she said softly.

"Nothing," lied Nari. She felt terrible lying to her roommate. Now she was just compounding her problems by lying. She sighed. "Alright, it's not nothing, but it's not something I really want to talk about either."

Gina raised her eyebrows then lowered them. "Alright. I'll let you have your secrets. Just know that when they start to eat at you too much you can always come talk to me. Okay?"

Nari nodded with a small smile and left the bathroom. She didn't feel like putting on makeup today or doing anything fancy with her hair. Throwing her hair back into a low ponytail, she quickly dressed and left early for class. If she stayed around Gina any longer she would be inclined to spill her guts and then end up regretting it.

As she walked around in the early morning light, she opened up her phone and looked at the message she had sent to Jimin the night before. It had gone unanswered and she felt even more terrible about how things went. She was not about to let him just walk away mad at her. She at least wanted to defend herself and explain her actions. She blew a large puff of air from her cheeks and began to type another message asking him to meet.

Blip!

Her fingers froze as a new message came through.

"Where can we meet..."

She felt overjoyed at his response. Relief washed over her and she quickly gave him the location of a small park near the university.

"See you in a few."

She smiled happily and took a deep breath. His messages seemed a bit cold but she didn't care. She had an opportunity to redeem herself. She wanted to tell him she was interested in getting to know him. She wanted to explain that she had turned Jun down and there was nothing between them. Her steps quickened as she headed towards the park, determined to get there and scope out a quiet spot.

The early morning fog was beginning to slowly burn off as the sun rose higher. Nari sat with her back to the sun in a place where she could see him walk up. Her hands fidgeted nervously and she adjusted her seating several times, trying to decide what side of the bench she should leave open for him.

She finally settled down until a new message came through.

"I'm here. Where are you?"

Just then Nari looked up to see a man walking towards her, head looking left and right. She breathed in slightly as she noticed his hair had been dyed brown. She missed his pink hair for just a moment but then realized she probably should wave him down. She waved an arm and spoke. "Over here!"