Death feeds my pain: Chapter 1

***Flashback***

"Mom," I yelled looking for her. She was no where to be found. I beginning to panic. "Mom," I yelled again. "Where are you?" I yelled hoping for answer.

I still got no response till I heard a groan from the kitchen. I ran as fast as I could to the kitchen and yanked the door open to find my mother on the floor with a knife through her chest.

I screamed at the cite and ran to her.

"What happened?" I whimpered as I cradled her head in my lap.

"I'm dying," she whispered.

"Who did this to you?" I asked.

"Before I do I need to tell you something," she said weakly.

"Yes anything," I wiped sweat from her forehead.

"Not everyone is who the seem to be but they are all you have. Don't forget that," she whispered reaching up and tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I don't understand," I whimpered. I was 13 how am I supposed to understand what she meant.

"I know but you will," she said.

"I love you mom," I whispered.

"I love you to." She closed her eyes and her last breath left her mouth. It fanned over my face.

I couldn't hold back my sobs now. The tears endlessly fell from my eyes and to her face as they slowly hit the floor.

She's gone. Someone killed her. They took a knife to her heart. All I had was my dad now. Or did I.

"Hey where are you guys?" I heard my father yell from the living room.

I couldn't answer though I was to busy sobbing. I guess he heard and walked into the kitchen.

He gasped and I looked up into his face eyes. I always saw something off when ever I think back to it but just kept it to myself.
***End of Flashback***

My father married again after only 5 months of my mother being dead. That always seemed strange to me. Again though I kept it to myself.

She was a very strange lady. She loved flashy clothes and was fake most of the time. She was the opposite of my mother. She was not kind to the less fortunate people.

She changed my father though as well. He stayed out late with her almost every night. I missed my old dad he seemed to me nowhere in cite.

He never touched me though and I was happy for that but I stilled missed the great man he once was.

"Oh Cinder," my step mother. She liked people calling her Mar. Her real name was Margret though.

"Yes?" I asked her as I walked down the stairs.

"Your father is away on a business trip so I need you to be easy on mean and not be so much trouble." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Okay." I turned and walked away.

Something didn't feel right though but I ignored it. I always ignored it. I should never had though