Time to shift: chapter 16

POV Cinder

I felt my stomach twisting painfully. I sat up from the position I was laying in. I cried out in pain.

"What's wrong?" Matthew said sitting up and looking at me with concern.

"I don't know my stomach is hurting," I cried. I lifted up my shirt and saw that there was a odd shape in my belly. I could see the baby. I gagged.

"They baby is shifting you need to," Matthew said. "I need to shift with you," he said. "Just till you give birth."

"What about Paris?" I asked.

"I'll have my Beta and his mate care for her." His eyes clouded as he mind linked.

He hopped off the bed taking the blankets and pillows off and made a small bed on the floor. I slowly climbed off the bed holding my stomach. I didn't even care about my pajamas and shifted ripping them to shreds.

It felt better right away. I saw that Matthew had already shifted. He nudged my back end to guild me to the bed.

I laid there and curled up and Matthew's wolf laid next to me.

I was hungry though and stood up to go get food. I walked down the stairs and pushed the door open.

Matthew's wolf though stepped in front of me and blocked me from going outside. He pulled the blanket off the couch and onto the floor and he had me lay down. My wolf purred at the affection her mate was showing her.

He left and came back an hour later with five dead rabbits in his mouth. He laid them down in front of me and I ate them fast and chewed on the bones of them. I licked my bloody lips and fur trying to clean it.

I looked up and Matthew's wolf was smiling at me. When I looked up at him though he started to clean my fur with his tongue. He licked all around my mouth.

I licked his mouth as well and purred at him. He let out a low growl of approval. I laid down in my side and let my breathing slow as I got tired again.

He laid down as well and moved his head under mine so I could breath better when I sleep.

I felt the baby kick some and whined because I knew if he kept this up I wouldn't get much sleep.

I saw my large nipples where already producing milk.

I moved over and had to suddenly pee. I got up not wanting to pee all of over the floor. Matthew looked up at me wondering what I was planning on doing.

"I need to pee," I mind linked him. He nodded and followed me outside. Her stood guard the whole time in case something happened.

I walked back inside the house and laid down again. I was finally able to fall asleep when the baby stopped kicking at like 4 in the morning.