I want you: chapter 14

POV Cinder

"Hey can I tell you something?" I asked the little girl.

"Yes," she looked confused.

"Do you want to stay with us?" I asked her.

I saw her eyes light up and she nodded her head fast.

"Well then let's get out of this bath tub," I lifted her out and wrapped a white fuzzy towel around her. She cuddled into it as she shivered.
I picked her up in my arms and to the bed.

"Are you hungry," I asked.

"Yes please," she said.

"Okay but first let's get something for you to slip on." I found a t-shirt laying around and I slipped it on her.

"Cinder," I heard Matthew call. I turned to him. "You need more clothes you've been wearing the same ones since you've been here and the shirt doesn't fit your belly," he told me. I self cautiously tried to pull my shirt down.

"It's the only shirt I have," I said feeling tears in my eyes. He probably was disgusted by me. "I'm sorry," I whispered as I yanked my shirt down. It was just showing the bottom of my stomach.

I felt a tear slip from my eyes. "You think I'm disgusting don't you," I sobbed as I walked backwards.

"Hey no I just want to get you clothes that hit your belly." He walked closer to me but I felt a soft hand wipe a tear away.

"Don't cry," the young girl whispered. "You are very pretty," she told me.

"Oh honey you are so cute," I said kissing her forehead. "You need clothes too don't you?" I said.

"Yes." She nodded.

"Can you buy her clothes too?" I asked Matthew. "I'll find a way to pay you back," I told him.

"Your my mate. My money is your money," he told me.

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek.

"But wear one of my shirts." He handed me one of his shirts. I slipped off my other shirt and went to put the other one on but Matthew stopped me.

"What is this?" He pulled on the wrap that was around my breast.

"My make shift of a bra," I said embarrassed trying to cover myself from him.

"Well then I'll get you a bra today also," he said.

"Can I get one?" I looked over at the young girl wanting to laugh.

"And how old are you?" I asked jokingly but I also needed to know.

"I'm 6," she said.

"How about when you are 10?" I asked.

"Okay," she smiled and hopped down from the bed. I reached my arms out and she jumped in my arms and I placed her on my hip.

We got in the car an since there was no car seat so I placed her on my lap. I kept flipping threw the channels waiting for her to hear something she liked.

"Wait." She reached out to my hand in a hurry.

I pulled it away and listened to the song on. It was Ed Sheeran Happier. She smiled at the song and put her fist up and slowly moved back in forth. She had a huge smile on her face.

"Do you like this song?" I asked her.

"Yes," she giggled and continued to dance on my lap.

"You're so cute baby girl," I said.