Needing you: chapter 9

POV Matthew
2 weeks later

I stormed home after losing her scent. It was wrapped with to many others and I couldn't pick hers out.

She is pregnant and I can't even help her through it. That's all I want to do is be there for her and the baby. I didn't understand why she ran away.

"My baby," I whispered as I closed the door to my room. "My baby," I said louder.

All I could think about was the bump on her stomach and how big it was already.

"Our baby," I finally said loudly.

"I'm going to guess she is pregnant?" Arron asked.

"Yeah," I grumbled.

"Then were is she?" he asked looking confused.

"She ran from me," I said pissed now.

"Are you mad at her?" he asked.

"I don't think I am just hurt she ran from me," I said.

"Okay well you saw where she ran off to right?" he asked.

"Yeah." I didn't see where he was going with this at first.

"Well then she probably is staying around those areas, right?" I felt so dumb for not figuring this out.

"Lets go." I jumped up and was out the door in seconds.

"Wait up for me man." Aaron said running up to me. I didn't slow down. I needed her like I needed my next breath.

I stormed right to were I knew the houses where located or where she ran around the area.

"If she is here she lives in a really closed off house. There very nice though," he committed.

"They better be if my baby girl lives in there and our baby," I said.

We walked house to house and searched every single one trying to find her. Most of the people had beautiful houses and they were lovely to look at. Then there was a huge house that was gaudy and colorful.

It was clearly kept clean though. There was very strange smells coming from the house. I knocked on the door.

The women I'd seen in town that seemed to be lying stood in the door way.

"Well what a surprise," she smiled largely but it made me feel uncomfortable.

"We've come to search your house looking for a girl," I said.

"Well I have two girls here that would be eager to speak with you," she smiled.

"No I would not like to talk to them unless they are named Cinder," I said.

"Well we don't have anyone by that name, you could just be on your way." She went to close the door but I pushed it opened.

"I will look and do as I please, so move you ugly b****." I pushed her away from me from me and stormed into the house.

The house was spotless and just cleaned. I could tell by the smell of cleaning supply's.

I went room to room and checked everywhere. Looking everywhere. She seemed to be no where.

They were sitting on the couch when something caught my eye. It was a curtain with no light coming through. The sun was shining on this side of this house so there should be light.

I pushed back the curtain and found a door. I could feel the coldness from the room. I almost shivered.

I yanked the door opened and saw a long stair case going down. I looked down and saw Cinder sitting on a crappy looking couch.

She didn't even realize I was here because she was so busy rubbing her stomach. She let out a small gasp and she stopped on one spot.

"What's wrong?" I asked worried about her.

She gasped again but this time I'm going to guess it was because she saw I was here.

"What are doing here?" she asked trying to cover her stomach. She failed though since her stomach was much bigger.

"I'm here to take you and our baby with me to where you belong, with me." She looked a little scared and I didn't like it.

"I can't," she whispered looking down at her stomach.

"You will," I said walking closer. "Now I asked what's wrong?" I asked again.

"I felt the baby kick," she whispered rubbing her stomach again. I saw her shiver and I quickly pulled off my sweatshirt and pulled it over her.

It fit well because since I'd met her only her stomach has grown.

She wrapped it around her and she snuggled deeper into it.

I smiled at her and she just stayed there. Till finally I asked what I'd wanted to. "Can I feel your stomach?" I asked.

"It's your baby too," she said shrugging her shoulders.

I reached out and rubbed my hand over her hard big stomach. I suddenly felt a small movement like the baby had kicked.

"Did you feel that?" I asked amazed by the movement.

"Yes the baby loves to kick now," she smiled.

"Does it hurt?" I asked her.

"No it feels weird and it's weird to think about I guess," she shrugged her shoulders. Then another hard shudder ran throw her shoulders.

"Let's get you out of here." I picked her up and she gasped at the sudden movement.

My best friend was waiting at the top of the stairs waiting for us.

"I'm going to guess this is Cinder?" he asked.

"Hello," she said shyly.

"Hey," he said back.

"Oh Cinder we forgot you were down there I'm so sorry dear," the women said.

"Mom did you forget we put her down there?" the daughter that seemed really dumb asked.

"Shut up Jen," she cursed. "I've taken care of her since her father died." She was really pissing me off.

"Is that what you call taking care of someone?" I asked. "It's freezing cold down there and she didn't even have a proper bed. She's pregnant and she deserves better then that." I was fuming at them. They didn't deserve to live.

"Leave them," Cinder spoke.

"What?" I asked at astonished by what she said.

"I forgive them," she said.

"We can't just let them go," I said.

"Yes we can," she said.

"We'll talk about this later. For now let's take you to the hospital." I took her to the car that was waiting for us.