Shift: chapter 18

POV Cinder

I felt our small pup move around on the stop on my back he was at the moment laying on. I moved my head back and nudged him. He looked up at me with tired eyes.

I realized he wasn't sleeping because his body was wanting to shift to his small human form.

I nudged Matthew and he growled and turned the other way. I put the tip of his ear in my mouth and tugged on it.

He moved his head to look at me but kept it down still.

"He needs to shift," I mind linked him. He looked surprised for a second before nodding.

We watched as our small pup turned into our small little baby. I shifted second then Matthew.

I scooped up my baby boy and he yawned and reached out and tugged on my hair. I laughed and as he pulled my hair to his chest and cuddled with it.

"He's so precious," I said as I kissed his four head.

"With any luck he'll have his daddy good lucks," Matthew teased as he scooted closer to us.

"And what's wrong with looking like his mommy?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"Nothing your beautiful." He leaned in and went to kiss my lips but I moved my head and he kissed air.

"I don't believe you," I said rolling my eyes.

"And why not?" he asked me turning serious.

"Well nothing," I lied. "Hey let's just focus on our new baby."

I lifted him up so could hold him as I stood up to get us all clothes.

I went to turn away but Matthew grabbed onto my wrist and halted me.

"We are talking about this later," he said seriously.

"Fine but there's nothing to talk about." I walked away to go up stairs. Once I grabbed all those of our clothes. I slipped mine on before heading back downstairs to them.

I handed Matthew his things before taking Kane and dressing him. He had on a simple baby blue footy pajamas that were white at the feet. I put a small blue beanie on his head. I laid him down on the couch a second to grab his blanket.

I turned and heard a high pitched cry come from him. He began to cry throwing his arms and feet around.

I sighed walking to pick him up.

"Because I haven't been carrying you for 3 months you just can't be put down for 5 seconds," I laughed.

"You want me to take him?" Matthew asked coming up behind me.

"Yeah." I handed Kane to him but as soon as I did he started to cry again.

"Great he's a mommas boy," Matthew groaned handing him back to me and he stopped crying. I giggled and kissed his forehead. I walked over and picked up his blanket and wrapped him in it.

He yawned and rested his head on my chest.

"I just mind linked Aaron to bring Paris home," Matthew informed me.

I nodded and continued to slowly rock him back and forth in my arms.

I heard a knock on the door which made Kane stir and cry.

I sighed and Matthew walked over to the door with a scowl on his face.

"Really Aaron?" he asked sounding a little upset. I kept rocking our baby and he slowly began to calm down.

"Daddy," I heard Paris yell as she ran to Matthew hugging his legs with her head resting  on his thigh.

That was the first time she called him daddy. I smiled when I looked at the look on Matthew's face. He picked Paris up and threw her in the air before catching her and pulling her into a hug.

"Hi baby girl," he said hugging her tighter.

"I missed you," she said smiling sadly.

"I missed you too," Matthew said.

"Where's mommy?" she asked.

"Right there with your baby brother." He set her down. She ran over to me and hugged my legs.

"Can I see him?" she asked.

I bent down so she could see him. "Do you want to hold him?" I asked.

Her face lit up and she nodded her head excitedly.

"Ok sit down on the couch." She did as I said and I walked over and placed him in her arms.

"He's so cute," she said kissing his cheek. He opened his eyes and I was scared for a second he would start to cry. She smiled down at him widely at him. He giggled and reached out to pulled on her shirt.

"What's his name?" Aaron asked.

"Kane," I said.

"Cool," he said sitting next to Paris. "Want to tell them what we did?" he asked Paris.

"We went to the park and he got chased by a duck," she laughed.

"That was between me and you," he whispered loudly though laughing. "I should have just left the bread but I just couldn't." We all laughed.

"We also went to the market and he bought me lots of ice cream and then we went to the fair and he went on the tea cups. Then we got popcorn. Then I fell asleep on his bed so he slept on the couch," she laughed. "Then we watched movies and it was so much fun," she gushed.

"Sounds like it was a lot of fun," Matthew said smiling at her.

"Yeah uncle Aaron is a lot of fun." I picked Kane up and she reached over and hugged Aaron. "Thank you uncle."

"No problem Paris." He hugged her back. "Now can I hold my nephew?" he asked.

I nodded and handed him over and smiled at the sight.