Its just what I do: Chapter 12

I woke up and for once without back cramps. Also not freezing cold. If fact I felt extremely warm. I felt someone's hand resting on my stomach.

I looked over to my right and saw Matthew laying fast asleep. I suddenly remembered everything that happened yesterday.

I slowly crept out of bed and pulled on my shirt and pants. I opened the door. I smelt my way to the kitchen and found the cleaning supplies.

I pulled out the stuff and started to clean the floor and then I'd do the dishes and then whatever else needed to be done.

I had been cleaning for close to an hour when I heard a door slam. I jumped and heard Matthew yell my name. I found myself to scared to answer him though.

I knew he would follow my scent. I was still on the floor scrubbing it since the space was so large.

The kitchen door swung open to reveal a pissed off Matthew. He scanned the room higher then I was so he didn't see me at first then he scanned the floor.

I could tell he saw the fear in my eyes and my bottom lip shaking as well as my hands.

"What are you doing?" he asked sauntering over to me.

"Cl-cleaning," I whispered.

"Why?" he asked as he grabbed my forearms lifting me to my feet.

"That's just what I do I guess," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Have you even eat?" he asked me.

"I'm not allowed to eat till the house is cleaned," I explained.

"What the h***," he said. "Your pregnant and due in 3 weeks you need to eat. They didn't let you eat till you cleaned that big house?" he asked.

"Yes but that just how it is when you're nothing but a maid," I let out a small laugh even though it was fake.

"You're not a maid that was your step mom and I know I shouldn't tell you this but I need to." He sighed looking at me. "You are such a push over. You let people tell you what to do because you're to scared to fight back." When he was done telling me what he thought I had tears in my eyes. "So fight back about what I said," he threatened me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered looking down.

"No I didn't tell you to say sorry I told you to fight back," he said. "Do what you do. Do exactly what I tell you to," he said standing in front of me.

"I don't know how," I tried to explain.

"Tell me how mad you are for doing this to you," he said.

"Well I didn't do anything and maybe that's the problem. She made me do stuff and I did it because she's all I had. My mother died in my arms and then my dad was to busy with his new wife to see I was in plain. My step sisters didn't help either. Always taking pictures of my body and sending them out telling everyone it was them so they could get a date. They also always pulled at my hair and took my things and my father let them. He also gave them my room and let my step mom put me in the basement. Then he died and it only got worse. She only hit me a few times. But the men they had over were much worse. I was constantly harassed by them and I would run crying. No one ever helped me. I was so alone. Then I ran away to go to the dance to see you and what do you do, you get me pregnant. That just made everything worse. I was ready to kill myself but I couldn't for our baby," I was panting by the end still looking down.

"Look at me," he told me. I didn't want to though. "I said look at me," he repeated.

"No," I said. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.