Of course: chapter 22

POV Cinder

I woke up to find that only Paris laid in our bed.

I yawned and stretched out. Paris stirred awake and looked at me.

"Where's daddy?" she asked looking around.

"I don't know." I got up and changed into clothes.

I walked down stairs and smelt Matthew close by but with that sent was another wolf I'd never smelt before.

I walked into the kitchen and found Matthew sitting next to a she wolf and he was smiling and whispering with her.

I gasped at the sight and felt my heart clench. I found it hard to breath.

"Bye love you," she said and he said it back and they hugged.

I growled loudly and the both froze and looked over to me.

"Cinder what are you doing here?" he asked looking nervous.

"You are such a b***," I screamed as I felt tears come down my eyes. "I hate you," I felt my body shake as I stormed up stairs and grabbed my things. I packed things for the kids as well and went to go grab Kane when Matthew's arms grabbed me.

I growled at him as he pulled me against his chest. I kept trying to scratch him but I ended up failing.

"Let go," I yelled.

"That wasn't what it looked like," he told me.

"Then what was it?" I asked pissed off.

"It's not the right time," he told me sighing.

"'Not the right time' to tell me you are cheating on me," I yelled quieter this time as I felt a tear.

"No she's my-," I didn't want to hear him say what I thought so I grabbed Paris and Kane and stormed down the stairs with them.

"Mommy what's wrong?" Paris asked looking terrified.

I stopped and looked at her with teary eyes. "Your fathers a cheater," I whispered. She gasped and turned to were Matthew was coming down the stairs and glared at him.

"Why did you hurt mommy?" she accused him.

"Well mommy won't stop for me to explain what really happened," he said sounding upset to. Why would he be upset he's cheating on me.

"Fine explain," I yelled and Kane started to cry. Matthew stood to go comfort him. "You stay away," I growled. I began to notice Kane and he soon stopped and cuddled into my neck. "Explain," I said. I wasn't even mad anymore I was just so sad and hurt. I could feel the pain in my heart. It felt like someone had my heart in their hands and squeezed it so tight I can't breath.

He suddenly pulled a box out of his back pocket. It was small. I gasped t was a ring box.

He bent down on one knee. "Will you marry me?" he asked.

I looked over at the place where the girl was standing. She awkwardly smiling.

"That's my sister Harper," he told me. "She is great at picking out rings so I asked her to help me find one and pick it up," he explained.

"Oh," I gasped.

"So will you marry me because I love you so much and want to spend the rest of my life with you having my last name and becoming my queen," he said hopefully.

"Of course," I exclaimed as I began to cry. I jumped up and hugged him so tight. I smashed my lips onto his.

"I'm sorry I hurt you even though I didn't do what you thought. I should have told you before she even came over," he apologized.

"No I should have trusted you. Your my mate I should always trust you it just with everything that's happened," I mumbled.

"No I understand completely and you were right," he told me smiling widely. "Your going to Cinder Harris," he smiled.

"Yes I am." I kissed his lips softly a. We continued to kiss for a while longer when we seemed to remember the kids where with us.

"Mommy I thought you were mad at daddy?" Paris asked. We both looked at her and we looked at Kane in his stroller.

"I was but it was a miss understanding baby girl," I explained to her. We both walked over to them and I took Kane out of his stroller and held him and hugged and kissed Paris. Matthew did the same thing to Paris and I handed Kane to him.

"Hey baby boy ," he started to bounce Kane in his arms. He giggled and pulled at Matthew's hair.

"Can his auntie hold him?" Matthew's sister asked.

"Of course and I'm sorry for what happened," I told her as I took Kane from Matthew's hands and handed her over.

"It's fine we are going to be family so let's start over," she offered.

"Sounds good," I told her.

She started to bounce him in her arms. He started to giggled again.

I smiled at him them.