Crying: chapter 19

POV Matthew

I was laying in bed next to Cinder when a high pitched cry split through the air.

"Nose goes," I heard Cinder mumble. I chuckled and kissed her four head.

"Only because I love you," I said sitting up and standing.

I heard a knock on the door as well. By the small knock I could tell it was Paris.

"Yes sweetie?" I asked picking her up.

"Kane's crying," she said rubbing her eyes and clutching her blanket to her chest.

"Why don't you go lay down in our bed while I go calm him down?" She nodded and I walked over laying her down. She crawled over to Cinder and cuddled her arm.

I smiled and then walked to Kane's room. He was throwing his arms around and kicking while crying.

"Hey baby boy." I picked him and began rocking him back and forth.

I began to hum and he stopped kicking and began to suck on his thump.

"There we go good boy. Go to sleep." He sighed and closed his eyes. His breathing slowed and I placed him back down but not before kissing his four head.

I walked back to my room and found Paris had stole my spot. I sighed and picked her up and laid her more to Cinder's side.

I loved my family and I couldn't be more happy.

***

POV Cinder

I woke up and didn't see Matthew but did see Paris in his spot. I sighed and climbed out of bed.

I walked down stairs to the kitchen were I smelled food. It smelt so good. I saw Matthew cooking and sighed.

"Hey what are you doing?" I asked walking over to him to look at what he was cooking.

"Hey it's a surprise." He laughed and pushed me back.

"Fine whatever," I mumbled but chuckled at him still. "Hey can I ask you a favor?" I asked him.

"Anything for my beautiful mate," he said. He stopped and looked at me.

"Can you look into my mothers case for me?" I asked.

"And what do you want to know?" he asked.

I felt tears prick my eyes as I looked down. "I want to know who killed her." I felt a tear slip from eyes as the memory hit. It fell to my hand then rolled to the floor.

"What happened?" he asked. He walked over and grabbed my hands. He got down on one knee.

"I was having a good day when I heard a scream from the kitchen. I ran over there and saw that my mom was on the floor bleeding out. She was dying. I ran over and tried to stop the bleeding. I was trying to save her. I couldn't though it was to late. She died in my arms." I was sobbing then. I couldn't hold it back any longer.

"Hey, hey come here." He stood and brought me into a hug. I wrapped my arms under his arms and placed my hands on his shoulders. I placed my face in the crook of his neck. I sobbed into it.

"I'll do anything for you," he said. "I'll find out whoever did this to your mother and I will make sure they pay," he promised me.

"I don't want to be just as bad as them asking for their death just as they have brought to my mom. I won't stoop to their level," I told him.

"How did I get so lucky?" he asked. He leaned up and placed a kiss on my lips. "I love you," he said.

I froze. "You don't have to say it back yet I just wanted you know," he explained.

"No I love you too," I told him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed my lips with much passion. I smiled into the kiss and kissed him back with just as much passion.

"Mommy, daddy what are you doing?" We heard Paris screech at the top of the stairs. We stopped mid kiss. We turned to look at Paris.

"Um nothing sweetie," Matthew mumbled.

"Were you trying to eat mommy?" she asked looking scared for a second.

"Of course not just come eat," Matthew said grabbing her hand and helping her sit on a chair.

"If you say so," she sighed.

I laughed and went upstairs to grab Kane.