Chapter 20: i think i know

POV Cinder

It was the memory of when my mom died but it's like I'm in third person. I was in my room and watched myself laying down drawling.

I knew my mom would be down stairs now. I hurried down. I walked in and she was peacefully making bread like she did every Saturday morning.

Only people that knew about this really was me and my dad because she would always take it to the church and never told anyone because she didn't want thanks since she was just being kind.

I didn't understand why she felt the need to always make other people happy but I was proud of her for that.

I suddenly heard the window creek open. 

My mom jumped around and I saw two people walking climbing. I saw my father and stepmother. I gasped. What our they doing?

"She figured this was the only way," my father whispered.

"You know I could have done perfectly fine on my own," my mother whispered. "I didn't need your pity. And now I'm going to die because you killed my mate when I was pregnant with his daughter because you wanted me," she whispered tears springing into her eyes.

"You slut you drugged my mate so I couldn't have him and you could. You let him get you pregnant," my stepmom yelled at her.

"Your mate killed your brother and my mate. He's a monster just as much as you are and you both know it," she said. "I loved him and you couldn't handle that. Even though you had a mate. You have twin daughters with her and you forced me to marry you." She was crying by then.

"News flash your mates not dead. He didn't want you," my stepmom laughed.

"No you lying," she sobbed.

"Oh sweetie I'm not." She took a knife from the counter and jabbed it right into her heart. I screamed and covered my mouth. I knew no one could hear me.

They just left her as she bled out and I saw my younger self  run to her side and cry then my so called father walking in a while later.

They killed her.

I shot up in bed fast and looked around crying.

"What's wrong?" Matthew asked. Placing a hand on my shoulder.

"They killed her," I whispered.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"My fake father and stepmother," I said.

"What do you mean fake father?" he asked.

"My real dad is my father is my moms mate," I said getting up. I stood up and walked over to the closet pulling on pants and a shirt.

"Where are you going?" he asked following me.

"To see my stepmom." I turned and ran out the door before he could stop me.

"Honey stop what about the kids?" he asked trying to grab me but I kept on running.

"Stay home and watch them I need to do something," I said back and ran through the forest.

"You need to stop," his voice reeked with Alpha power.

I froze in my steps. I couldn't deny his authority even if I wanted to.

"What's happening?" he asked me.

"Probably the most important thing in my life and you are using that against me," I glared at him. "I'm your mate we are supposed to be equals and you use that on me," I screamed.