I need you: chapter 8

POV Cinder
1 months

Because he was an Alpha the baby was due in 3 months. I was laying on my back because the bump was big and I was scared to lay on my stomach.

I walked up stairs as my step mom called me.

I climbed the stairs and she was laying on the couch.

"I want water go get me some," she said as she flipped throw the channels.

"Okay," I whispered. For a month I'd been depressed wanting Matthew with me.

"Hurry fatty," Emmy laughed. I put my hand under my stomach and rubbed it.

"It's okay baby," I whispered.

I did everything they asked before going down stairs and laying down. My feet hurt so bad and I needed to let my wolf out. She was begging me to. Also it was safe for the baby.

I walked outside and stripped from my clothes. I changed into my wolf and she stretched her legs and snapped her tail up.

She didn't run today but walked throw the forest and then she gets to a meadow with flowers everywhere.

She went to the middle and laid down. She curled herself into a bar and licked her stomach where the baby was.

She felt a slight kick and pressed her muzzle to her stomach licking where she felt it.

We heard a growl come from the edge of the edge of the meadow. It was Matthew.

My wolf wanted to run to him but I remembered what my step mom said.

I slowly began to crawl away. He growled and I froze before backing away again.

He was staring at my stomach. He ran forward before I could register it he was in front of me.

He nudged me not to hard but hard enough to knock me over. I was now on my side as he sniffed me.

Even in my wolf form I could see the bump. He pressed his head on my stomach. He licked it then he stared into my eyes. He had love in his eyes with a little bit of anger.

My wolf curled around her stomach protective. He growled at the fact that he didn't like that but her mother instincts kicked in and she growled back.

He just turned his head to the side and looked at her confused. He'd never had someone growl at him especially not a female because of his title.

He shifted back and pulled on the clothes he had laid beside us.

"Shift," he commanded.

I was going to shift for him but then what my step mom told me went through my head. I stood like I was going to shift but instead sprinted away.

"Wait he yelled." I knew it would take him a little bit of time before he would have been fully shifted and he couldn't catch me in his wolf form.

I saw the house in view and ran state through the door since it was felt open. I didn't care at the moment, I was to heart broken by my own actions to care.

"What do you think you are doing child?" my step mother yelled as she stormed down the stairs. I didn't want to shift though so I stayed in wolf form.

She looked at me in bewilderment. I didn't understand why my wolf wasn't pretty, well not that pretty just plain. She was a cinder color with bright blue eyes.

"You need to change back and pick up the mess you made," she yelled.

I shifted and I was in my human form. I pulled on clothes. I walked up stairs out of breath from my run.

I cleaned when they needed me to and then collapsed on the holy couch feeling so tired and depressed.