No name girl: chapter 13

POV Matthew
I woke up in the meadow with the waterfall. I was confused till I looked down and saw Cinder's wolf.

She was sleeping peacefully. It was weird looking at her I realized that with her being pregnant she liked to lay on her side in wolf form and human.

I stood and she whimpered in her sleep feeling my presence leave. I nudged her stomach liking it. Her head shot up and growled at me before looking at me fully and stopping. She wined feeling bad for what she did.

I moved over to her head and licked her snout. She stopped then and laid back down. She just payed there. Suddenly though I heard a twig snap. My head snapped up from her and she woke up and curled around her stomach trying to protect the baby.

I stood over them to protect both of them. I looked at the bush the noise had come from. A small tiny pup that was very thin.

"Shift," I commanded her through body language.

I saw the small body shift and it was a young girl with tears in her eyes.

Cinder slipped out from under me and I growl at her, warning her not to go. She simple ignored me and walked over to the clothes we had. She shifted and slipped on the clothes. She picked up the blanket for her since she has a tendency to get cold.

She wrapped the blanket around the naked child. She cuddled into it. Cinder picked her up and placed her on her hip.

I growled not trusting the child next to my mate and unborn child. The child jumped and tried to get out of Cinder's arms. Cinder simply held her tighter in her arms. She soothed her messy hair and whispered sweet things in her ear.

The girl stopped fussing and put her face in the crock of Cinder's neck. She cried into it as Cinder walked her over to me.

"Can you shift back?" she asked me. I sighed and walked over to my clothes and shifted. I slipped the clothes on and walked over to her.

"What's your name?" I asks her apparently to harsh since she whimpered and Cinder glared at me.

"What's your name sweetie?" she asked nicely. The girl looked up wiping her nose on her wrist.

"I don't have one," she whispered.

"Well where's your mommy and daddy?" she asked.

"I don't have one," she repeated.

"Did they pass?" she asked her.

"They didn't want me," she said looking even sadder.

"Well let's go clean you up at Matthew's house," she said wiping her tears away.

"Are you going to hit me?" she asked suddenly.

"What?" Cinder asked surprised. "Well of course not," she told her. The little girl smiled.

"Thank you," she said. "It hurts so much especially when they use the silver," she said looking down. 

I looked at Cinder surprised by her words. "Who hurt you with silver?" I asked.

"My parents," she said.

"That's so sad," Cinder said kissing her cheek.

We made it back to the house and Cinder took her to our room and filled the bath with warm water.

She placed the little girl in the tub. She began softly cleaning her with a sponge and soap. She put bubbles in as well. She kept playing with them as she was getting cleaned.

"Do you like the bubbles?" Cinder asked smiling at her. She nodded excitedly.

I smiled looking at Cinder if she was great this child image what she'd be like with our own kids.

I heard Cinder gasp and my head snapped up to her and she was looking at something on the child's head.

While she was washing her hair though she gasped. I rushed over kneeling next to her.

"Look." She pointed to a spot on her head. The was a long scar. "Honey do you know what happened here?" she asked the child.

"My papa hit me with a pole so I would stop crying," she whispered.

"Oh my goodness you poor baby." Cinder said looking sad. I kissed Cinder's head trying to make her feel better.

"Can I talk to you?" she asked.

"Of course." I stood and pulled her up with me.

"Can we adopt her?" she asked the minute we were out of hearing range.

"What?" I asked.

"I really want to. She's a poor little girl. She needs a good home and I want to give it to her," she begged me.

"We already have a baby on the way. We don't need that much stress and also we don't know anything about her," I tried to explain.

"Please," she begged me grabbing onto both of my forearms.

I sighed not wanting to fight with her. "She can stay on a trial run but if she does something bad she's staying with someone else," I told her. She smiled brightly at me and kissed my lips before running to the bathroom. "Cinder stop running!" I yelled at her and she jumped slightly before walking.

This was going to be hectic.

Cinder Wolf जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें