Into the woods to be loved: chapter 3

A year later

I've been sad and mostly cry myself to sleep. That's the only way I can sleep.

I heard giggling downstairs and slowly and saw my step sisters and step mom sitting on the couch. Each had there man for the week with them.

"Oh Cinder," my step mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes," I yelled back.

"Don't be rude come down here and serve us," she said sounding pissed. I walked down with my head low. "I swear I don't know why I keep you around you worthless brat." I looked up and found her enjoying herself.

"Oh yeah you dirty child," Jen said messing with the boys hair.

"Why do we keep her around?" Kate asked.

"She's kind of hot," the guy that Kate was sitting on said.

That made me so mad that I didn't hold back.

"Who are you!?" I yelled. "Why don't all you guys just get out of here. They will in a week after they find a new man to fill there needs. You aren't even part of this family what makes you think you have any right to talk to me like that. I may have no mom or dad but I do give a s*** about how people talk about me. So burn in h****." That felt really good actually. I wish it was to my step sisters and step mom but it's good to get it out anyway I can.

"That was hot," the guy Jen was sitting on said.

I rolled my eyes.

"What makes you think you can talk to them like that?" my step mom said standing up from the guys lap.

"Because I have a right to speak and a right to be heard," I said raising my chin.

"You have no rights the minute your stupid mother and father died. Those worthless idiots." I could hit her then but that wasn't me, I didn't want that to be me. "You are not part of this family you have no family you are just a orphan slave." She reached her hand and it came across my face.

I gasped and covered my burning cheek. I turned and ran away

I ran to the garden and pulled all my clothes off letting my wolf form me into her shape. My bones cracked as the fitted themselves to.

I was on my hands and knees and when I looked again I was on all four paws.

My wolf wanted to howl at the top of her lungs but I couldn't let her do that. We'd for sure get caught.

Instead I just ran straight into the forest and kept running till I saw the river.

I stopped and lapped the water with my tongue. It felt nice on my dry throat.

I wasn't paying attention to any of my senses. Suddenly my back end was pushed back by someone very strong. I was turned to face the person or should I say wolf that stood tall over me.

He was clearly someone high in power I just couldn't put my finger on who he was. He was also huge. Probably the biggest wolf I've ever seen or even heard of.

I smelt the air and it smelt so good. I looked at him and I knew he was my mate.

He growled and I laid down in submission and whimpered. He started at my face sniffing me.

He licked my nose and then he licked the side of my mouth and licked wherever he wanted while I laid there whimpering.

He sniffed all over my body. I was never really let out of the house so I wasn't sure how people or wolves acted in public or what.

He pushed me over and now I was laying on my back. He kept sniffing me and licking me.

He turned me back over and brushed my tail out of the way as he mounted on top of me.

I yelped and jumped up running away from him.

I didn't want that and I wasn't going to give it to him.

He was following short behind me so I made a sharp turn and ran to where I smelt a rotting tree that lay on the forest floor.

I quickly crawled inside and prayed he couldn't smell me over the rotting tree.

He stopped a few feet from the tree and sniffed the air looking for my sent. I held my breath.

He sniffed for a few more minutes then raised his head and let out a pained howl before running away from me.

My wolf cursed my name and hid in the back of my mind as I left the tree and padded home.