Why cant you let me love you: chapter 11

POV Matthew

The doctor told us that everything was fine except for a few bruises and being under weight.

I helped her to the car even the whole time she kept trying to pull away from me. I didn't understand why now she didn't want me around unlike the dance.

"Stop," I told her as she tried to pull away again. Some of my power was evident in my voice. She whimpered and stopped moving. I placed her back on the hospital bed.

"I think you shouldn't do that," the doctor said afterwards.

"Why not?" I asked upset that he would talk back to me when he had nothing to do with anything.

"Her an anxiety levels are very high and her social skills are very poor," he told me. I looked at her and saw her looking around everywhere and the slightest noise made her jump and look for the danger.

"Why didn't I notice before?" I asked more to myself.

"You may love her but you need to pay more attention to her. She's broken on the inside," he told me. "And I don't need facts to tell you that."

I looked at her and saw the fear I hadn't seen before because I wasn't really paying attention. I wish I had though it might have made this better for her.

I also understood why people didn't know her in town. Guessing by how she lived and her poor social skills. She was never let out of the house.

"You should talk to her when you get the chance." He patted my shoulder and walked out of the room.

"Hey baby." She jumped slightly. "Can I speak to you?" I asked her.

She nodded slightly and leaned away some. I hadn't noticed that before but now that I think about it she does that almost every time.

"I'm sorry," I told her. I looked up at her and saw that she had a confused look on face.

"What?" she asked.

"I keep saying I love you but get mad when you don't say it back." I sighed pulling at my hair. "I didn't even notice that you're in pain emotionally maybe even physically. I was to busy trying to get you to say those words that I didn't even ask how you felt." She had tears in her eyes as one fell. I lifted my hand and wiped it away.

"I-I," she stuttered.

"You what?" I asked.

"Nothing," she whispered looking away.

"I'll be here when you're ready," I told her.

"Your free to go," the nurse said as she walked in.

"Thank you," I said as I helped her stand. I knew she wouldn't want to be carried so I asked them for a wheelchair.

They quickly brought me one. I helped her sit down and pushed to the elevator and then pushed her to the front of the door.

"Son," I heard the booming voice of my dad yell at me. I turned in surprise to see my dad stepping out of a car that had just pulled up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Do find out why my son was missing only to be told he's at the hospital with the girl he got pregnant," he said looking pissed. I looked down at Cinder and she looked terrified. She kept looking around her and then back to him.

"Dad just stop for a second you're scaring her," I told him holding my hands up.

"I haven't even done anything yet how is freaken scared?" he asked scoffing.

"She gets scared easily. Just leave my mate out of this. She had nothing to do with it," I told him. I looked up at her and she was now trying to cover her stomach, protectively. "Hey baby it's okay he won't hurt the baby," I tried to comfort her by rubbing her stomach. She looked at me and I saw all the fear in her eyes.

"That's your mate?" he asked.

"Oh course I don't just mate random women. If that's what you really think of me maybe you shouldn't have passed the crown down to me," I yelled at him. He was pissing me off that he was scaring my mate.

I heard her whimper. I looked and saw since I'd stood she had now curled herself around her stomach trying to her head between her thighs.

"Hey it's okay." I walked over and kept pushing her till we were in front of the door of the car. I opened it and placed her inside.

"Wait I want to meet her," my dad said walking over.

"You can see her when we get home. Only if she wants to though." I climbed in after her and closed the door as it drove away.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes just tired." I looked at the time and saw that it was 10:00 pm and now that the hospital lights weren't there I saw it was pitch black.

"Okay you can sleep, I'll protect you," I told her stroking her face. "I'll always protect you."

"I know." She closed her eyes and I heard her breathing slow after a few minutes.