Sixteen ♡

Please vote and comment!

I woke up to the sound of a light snore in my ear. My eyes slowly opened and I let out a long yawn before I looked around. I sat up right and looked down at a sleeping Andy curled up next to me. His jeans fit normally again however they were still torn up, and dry blood stained the corners of his mouth. I snickered and licked my thumb, dragging it across his skin to rub away the stains.

Andy stirred and growled a bit but was still fast asleep. We had to of passed out watching the television on the floor, however I don't remember much. My head was pounding angrily, forcing me to get up and shuffle into the kitchen to grab some pain killers.

Samson came running up to me and clawed at my leg, wagging his tail while his tongue hung out. I scratched behind his ear and opened the glass door, watching the dog shoot out like a bullet into the backyard. I shut the door and went back to the cabinet. Pouring the small pills into my hand, I filled an empty glass with water and threw them into my mouth.

"Good morning." Andy said groggily.

"Good morn— holy shit!" I set the glass down as I looked at the clock. It was ten minutes past nine. I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked back at him. "We have school! We have our project due today and it's not even finished."

"Snow, calm down." Andy chuckled lightly. He walked over to me and slid his hands around my waist, kissing my forehead. "I already took care of it yesterday." I arched a brow at him, and he chuckled even more at my confusion. Apparently, I was amusing to him. "Right before we left, I visited our teacher. He believes that he set the due date to next week. Also he, along with the front office who informed all of our teachers, believe you and I are currently on a field trip to Michigan to study water."

"Water? For what?" I asked.

"Water and rocks for Ecology."

"I don't even take Ecology." I laughed.

Andy shrugged. "Neither do I."

"So how do— you." I said with full realization as to what was happening. Andy gave me a cheeky grin and I slapped his arm. I'm so new to all of this and I forget that he has abilities that regular people don't, including mind sweeps and I guess mind tricks.

"Don't ever mind trick me." I snapped.

"It's so tempting." Andy cooed.

"Don't." I growled at him. Andy rolled his eyes and agreed he would never, but had to make it very clear that he's thought about it multiple times. I let Samson back in after filling his bowl up and then dragged Andy back into the living room.

"Look, I'm going to go to my place and get dressed, and then I'll drive over and take you on a well-deserved date." Andy said, wrapping his hands around mine. He kissed the back of each hand and looked at me, a smile plastered on his face. His cheeks had a light red color to them.

"I— I mean— yes." I finally said.

"Are you nervous?" Andy asked.

"Yes— not because of you!" I quickly added to reassure him. I smiled and kissed him quickly before pulling back. "I just— last date I had didn't go so well, so I'm cautious."

Andy took both of my hands and held them to his lips. He brushed his lips softly against my hands, and pulled me in close to his chest, wrapping his arms around me tightly. My body felt weak as soon as he held me. I felt warm, despite the ice cold skin that was touching me. Overall, I felt safe— something that I personally haven't felt in quite some time.