Forty Seven ♡

Merry Christmas (Eve)! Please vote and comment!

"You don't understand." He whispered.

"Understand? I completely understand."

"No—you— don't." His breathing was getting heavier again. Something was wrong. Andy stood before me, holding himself together while he looked as if he was in agonizing pain, however he still managed to speak. "Please just trust me when I say you have no idea."

"You only care about yourself." I snapped.

His face softened. "That's not true."

Such a lie. He had no shame in lying to my face, nor did he have shame in his behavior or actions towards me. He was selfish. He only cared about himself and no one around him.

The games he played with my head. The things he said to my face. Everything he's done to me has broken me more than I already was, so why was I still here? Why was I here with him? Why was I thinking about him and thinking of his feelings instead of my own?

"I care about one thing."

"What's that?" I asked gently.

"You." A lie. A fowl lie.

I gasped for breath as my eyes shot open, my body jerking forward. I sat up straight as I clutched at my chest, breathing in and out heavily as I looked around. I was under the dark covers of Andy's bed, and I looked over to find Ashley sleeping in a chair.

I tried to turn my neck but felt a sharp pain shoot down my body. Screaming in pain, I watched as Ashley jumped from the chair and fell to the floor. That made me chuckle.

"Who— what—oh, Snow!" Ashley said as he quickly went to my side. I grabbed at my neck, rubbing it gently as I groaned. "Are you okay? Do you want some water or something?"

"Water, please." I breathed out, my throat dry. Ashley nodded his head and grabbed the glass of water sitting on the table next to me. He handed it to me and I thanked him before taking a big gulp. "You've been out for close to twelve hours. How are you feeling?"

"Sore." I groaned.

"Yeah, I can imagine." Ashley nodded.

"What— what happened?" I asked softly, looking into his chocolate brown eyes. My eyes trailed down to my arms and I studied them, finding clear skin. Ashley let out a sigh.

"Don't worry, you're still human." Ashley said quickly as he brushed his cold hands along my arms. He offered a light smile and I felt my shoulders sink. He arched a brow. "I'm sorry, forgive me for asking but— did you want to be a beast?"

I nodded. "If it meant saving Andy."

Ashley chuckled. "You are crazy."

"Will you stop saying that?" I whined, giving him a fake pout. Ashley chuckle even more and shook his head as he looked at me. He bit his lip gently before saying, "What you did was crazy. You put your life at risk for him, and I don't think anyone has done that for him."

"I had to Ashley." I mumbled.

"You really didn't."

"No— I did. Jason wanted me, not Andy. He wouldn't just hand over the dagger to him like that. He needed me." I told him. I tried to remember what had all happened however my mind drew a blank and left me with a pounding headache. I let out a groan.