Thirty One ♡

Please vote & comment!

Andy gripped my thigh with his hand as he kept the other on the steering wheel. He sped down the street, forcing me to clutch the handle that no one really knew the name of. To me, it was the Oh Shit! handle that you held when someone was driving recklessly.

Andy shot me a glare. "Is it really necessary for you to grab the handle?" He asked me, arching a brow as he stared me down. I looked over at me and snapped my fingers. "Hey, eyes on the road buddy boy."

"Why? I can't really die." Andy laughed.

"But I can!" I shrieked.

Andy rolled his eyes and gave me a smirk before looking back at the road. The street light flashed yellow and Andy hit the gas hard, sending the car forward at a high speed. He flashed passed the light just as it turned red and I felt my heart beat out of my chest.

"Andrew—!"

"Andy." He growled.

"But Andy doesn't sound as serious." I pouted as I looked at him. Andy arched a brow and laughed as he shook his head, turning back to the road. Andy drummed his fingers against the wheel to the beat of Nirvana, and I hummed along with him.

"Feels weird being human this late at night. It's different." Andy said, lowering the music a bit. I looked over at him. "Is there any— I don't know, cure for this?" I asked him.

He bit his lip. "It's hard to explain. There's one and only one cure." Andy said, pulling up to a red light. Andy glanced at me, his face conflicted as if he was trying to figure out the best words to piece together. "It's hard to come by. The cure itself is the blood taken from the first full born beast."

"It was said that his body was torn apart by people who wanted to shift back into a human. They drained him dry." The light flashed green and the car pulled forward as Andy pressed the gas. He looked at the road. "Someone however got the very last of it and stored it in what people believe to be a bullet."

"A bullet?" I asked.

He nodded. "It's jet black with an engraving on it. It can only be opened when the beast who holds it flashes their eyes red." He explained to me, his eyes still on the road. "You have to wipe your blood on the inscription but you can only cut it with a special dagger."

"Where is it?"

Andy shrugged. "No one knows. Hell, I have no idea if someone already found it years ago. I try not getting my hopes up." He said, his tone dropping a bit. Andy seemed to want to end the conversation, so I dropped the subject.

I looked out the window and watched the blur of trees moving along as he drove down the road. Resting my elbow on the door, I laid my head down on my fist and let my eyes close. That was definitely a mistake.

"Come on." Jake said over the music. He set his red solo cup down on the coffee table and took my hand. Weaving in and out of the crowd, Jake pulled me up the staircase. I followed close behind him, my vision a little blurred.

"Where are—we going?" I slurred.

"To have some fun." He replied with a wink. We went around the corner and entered Alex's bedroom. Closing the door behind us, Jake locked the door and immediately crashed his lips to mine. Jake pushed me down onto the bed and I felt his legs sink into the bed as he hovered over me, his lips never leaving mine.