Forty One ♡

Please vote and comment!

"So, once you drag over the one—" My teacher scribbled on the board in front of us. It's been about two weeks since we went to Andy's parents, and he still kept in touch with them daily. I rested my elbow on the table and my head on my hand as I tried to stay awake.

Andy was fast asleep on his desk next to me, snoring lightly from time to time. I nudged him with my elbow— he stirred but did nothing more. I tried again but got the same reaction. Glancing up to make sure the teacher was not paying attention, I yanked the seat from under him, sending him toppling to the floor.

Immediately he woke up and looked around angrily, his eyes flashing red. I snickered in the sleeve of my sweatshirt and Andy shot me a glare, closing his eyes for a moment before reopening them with their natural blue.

"Not funny." He hissed.

"I thought it was hilarious." I laughed.

"I'm going to kick your— hey." Andy paused as he looked past me. I furrowed my brows and turned around, noticing the same thing he did. Around Jake's neck was the same necklace I saw at the party— the bullet. Jason must have never taken it or Jake was a greedy pig and wanted it for himself.

"He still has it?" I asked in disbelief.

"Apparently." He mumbled.

The bell rang, drawing both of us from our thought. We grabbed our stuff and headed our, our eyes still locked on Jake. Andy and I followed a few paces behind him. "Jason would not let him have it. He would've killed him if Jake said no."

"So then why does he have it?" I asked.

"I know just as much as you do." Andy said as he rolled his eyes at me. I'll admit it was a dumb question on my part. Shoving him in the shoulder, we stopped at my locker and watched Jake open up his.

"Well how the hell are we gonna get it?"

"I'll get it." I said. I started walking towards him but Andy grabbed my shoulder. He spun me around, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Are you crazy? No!" He practically shouted at me. I looked at him in shock. Did he just yell at me? I put my hands on my hips and gave him a dirty glare, and he sighed. "I'm sorry. I just— you can't go up to him. You can't talk to him."

"He likes me more than you." I snapped.

"I know that but— I don't like you around him. We'll figure something out." Andy said as he ran his fingers through his hair. The bell rang meaning we only had one minute and he cursed under his breath. He leaned in and kissed me. "I have to go. I'll come meet you after this hour okay?"

I nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too." He murmured before turning around, merging into the sea of students. I glanced over at Jake, watching him grab his books before shutting the locker. I bit my lip nervously and quickly went over to him.

"Jake." I said as he slammed his locker. He looked at me in surprise and looked around at everyone else before looking back at me. I let out a huff and rolled my eyes. "Yes I'm talking to you Jake."

"What do you want?" He snapped.

"I want my necklace." I told him, looking down at the bullet around his neck. Jake arched his brows at me, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Ah, so it's your necklace?" Jake asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. It's uh— a family thing and I lost it." I told him, rattling up a lie. Jake crossed his arms over his chest, his face firm as he nodded his head at me.