Forty ♡

Please vote and comment!

We left early the next morning. Amy had stayed up until roughly two in the morning before she headed back to bed. We played three more rounds of Sorry, and I won all three.

Andy was grumpy about it and Amy told him to lighten up. It was nice to see his mother treating him like normal rather than tip toeing around things or showing fear. She treated him like she did before he was changed, and I could easily tell that Andy noticed as well.

Andy shifted back in the morning before his parents woke up. We said our goodbyes to them and I waited by the door as he spoke with his parents. I heard his father apologize for everything, and his mother saying she wanted to see him again soon.

"I promise I'll come back." Andy said.

"We've missed you." Amy said.

"I know. I'll come back. I swear." Andy said before walking over to me. I gave him a smile and thanked them for their hospitality once more before heading out with Andy. We had almost forgotten the dagger due to the amount of time they had spent with Amy last night.

I slept the entire ride. I was so exhausted from staying up so late that instantly I knocked out in the car. I would wake up from time to time and saw how far we were from home and then let my head rest back again. Each time I woke up though, Andy's hand was still clamped protectively on my thigh.

We finally got back to his house just after six. He tugged me out of the car and carried my limp body to the door, holding our bags in his arms as well. I wasn't asleep— I was just lazy at this point. Andy got inside and closed the door as he called out, "We're home!"

"In the kitchen." CC shouted.

Andy carried me to the kitchen and plopped me down on one of the chairs. I let out a long yawn as I waved to CC and Jake. Glancing around, I asked where Jinxx and Ashley were.

"They already went out to hunt. We were waiting for Andy to get back." CC said, not looking up from his phone. Andy set the bags down and glanced at me, shrugging his shoulders as he showed he had no knowledge of this.

"It's alright guys. I'm not hungry." He said as he walked over to me. Andy lifted me out of my chair with ease and slid himself down before plopping me back onto his lap.

"I hate that you're so strong." I grumbled.

Andy flexed a bit. "Yeah, I work out."

The whole room burst into a fit of laughter, and CC looked up from his phone as he shook his head laughing hysterically. Jake applauded him and said, "Good one buddy."

"Fuck off." Andy spat.

I rolled my eyes. "No go. I know you're hungry. Just be careful, please?" I asked him, looking into his blue eyes. Andy pursed his lips. I could tell he was hungry by the way he looked— his eyes were a bit duller and his skin was paler. When he picked me up, it was with ease but his arms shook just a bit.

"I've learned signs of when you're hungry."

"Damn she's good." Jake laughed.

Andy shot him a glare and looked back at me. I nodded my head and told him I'd be fine. After a few minutes of convincing, he finally sighed and got up, letting me sit back down on the chair. "Where are we going?"

"There's a bar just outside—"

"No." Andy said sternly. Jake and CC looked at him with raised eyebrows and glanced at one another. Jake looked back at Andy. "Why?"

"We're not hunting people— at least I'm not. You two can do whatever you want, but I'm going to the forest." Andy said firmly, his arms crossed over his chest. Jake and CC scrunched their noses but said nothing. "We can't keep killing innocent people. It's inhumane."