XV

ACT III | SCENE XV

SILVER MOON

JIMIN LEANED AGAINST the doorframe as jangmi put rosalie to bed. he moved in to kiss her goodnight after jangmi, smiling as the girl let out a small moan when she smacked her lips.

he stepped out after jangmi, watching as she left the door ajar. she turned to him then, hand fluffing her tousled hair. "you said you wanted to talk?" she asked, voice low. he nodded, pushing his hands into his pockets. "okay," she pursed her lips and led the way to the living room.

he took the couch opposite her, just like the first time he had shown up at her doorstep without any warning. "we need to talk about last night." he sighed out, fingers playing with the rings on his left hand. he heard the expulsion of air that left her lips.

"yes. we do." she nodded, pulling a throw pillow over her exposed thighs. his eyes strayed at the action. he hadn't even realised how much her shorts had ridden up when she sat until she did that. shutting his eyes for a second, he moved them back up to her face.

"let me start by apologising for the way my mother acted towards you. it was completely uncalled for and very unfair. you didn't deserve that." he breathed, lacing his fingers through one other. she said nothing and just stared at him instead.

"you and i both know that you are nothing like my mother said." he continued. jimin was being honest. he might have had more than a few issues with jangmi - one of them being the fact that he had been kept out of his daughter's life far too long - but he was certain as the moon that casted a silver glow through the curtains onto her face that she was in no way or form, interested in his fortune or position.

she sighed heavily, gaze dropping to the floor. "i know. it's just the fact that she said it like that. and in front of my daughter no less. i never asked any favours from your family. why would she even say that?" she asked, voice soft. jimin noticed that she had gone from being angry to being hurt.

he ran a hand through his hair, trying to figure out the right thing to say. "i... my mum... she's just very stuck up and unaccepting of anyone she thinks doesn't belong to the same class or standards as she. it's not justified but it's how she's always been."

he watched as she tried to smoothen her messy hair haloed by the moon's glow with her hands. "look, it's fine. i can't exactly blame you for what she did." she answered. "it doesn't really matter anyways. it's not like we're a married couple."

"speaking of married couples..." he ventured. the way her gaze shot to him with a questioning expression on her face made him press his lips together. "i'm not saying we should get married." he quickly let out. "then what are you trying to say?"

"my father has gotten it into his head that the only solution to this whole situation is for us to get married. and he's the most stubborn man i've ever known." he stated. "well that explains a lot of things." she muttered bitterly. ignoring her comment, he continued. "it's going to take a lot to convince him that us getting married is not going to help anything and more likely make things worse."

"i don't really care what anyone thinks. i am not marrying you, whether or not your father's convinced otherwise. it's not like he's going to drag me to the altar or court." she replied. "i wouldn't put it past park myungsoo. my father is persistent and he has a way of doing whatever it takes to get what it is that he wants."

"kind of like you?" she folded her arms over her chest. he released an exasperated breath. he wished she would stop taking jabs at him but jangmi could be pretty petty when she wanted to. getting on his feet, he walked to the window.

"this is not about me right now, jangmi." he frowned, trying not to get annoyed with her. he glanced out at the silver moon. the same one that made her look otherworldly. it was incredibly bright tonight and he hated how the shafts of moonlight seem to be enamoured with her.

he heard her sigh from her place on the couch. "fine. what do we do about your father? although, i honestly don't think there's much i could do. the man literally asked us to make up like we had a fight about who squeezed the tube of toothpaste from the middle."

jimin chuckled a bit at that. they had actually had an argument like that once. except it was about jimin leaving the toilet seat up and jangmi nearly falling into the toilet when she went to relieve herself at midnight. it didn't help that he had laughed at the sight when she shrieked out his name.

"what's so funny?" she queried, her tone bearing no amusement. "nothing." he cleared his throat and turned to her, face devoid of emotion. "i don't know what we're going to do about my dad yet. for now, whenever he brings it up, i'll try to shoot him down by telling him that neither of us wants it and we're the ones who are going to be in the marriage."

"i don't know if that'll work but okay." she shrugged, picking up the kitten that curled around her leg. "we can figure something better out later. for now, this is all i have." he said, watching as she ran her hand down blanche's back. "that's it."

she glanced up at him. the look she gave him told him that she thought otherwise but she said nothing. "you should be leaving then." she stood up, kitten in arms. "yeah," he nodded, striding towards the front door. "thanks for the pet supplies and the mochis." she said as she opened the door.

"it was nothing." he shrugged. "goodnight, jangmi." he stepped out of the house and into the night. "jimin?" she called as he made his way down the stairs. "yeah?" he spun around and the moonlight hit the top his head, making his hair look silvery and unreal.

"rosalie's birthday is coming up. it's next saturday, april fifteenth. thought you might like to know." and with that, she shut the door in his face. jimin opened and shut his mouth in surprise. running a hand through his hair, he made his way to his car. at least she let him know.

☀☀☀

double update bc why tf not