LXXXIX

ACT XVIII | SCENE LXXXIX

JIMBUB

ALL TANGLED UP in the covers, jimin rolled over, instinctively reaching out with a smile in his half awake state. feeling nothing but an empty bed, he panicked momentarily - fear that last night had been some hallucination taking over him - before hearing movements, most likely in the kitchen.

smile returning to his face, he threw the covers off his body and sat up, slipping his feet into warm slippers. after he'd kissed her, jangmi had asked him to sleep over. so he did. falling asleep with her in his arms had been exhilarating. he smiled even wider, running fingers through mussy bed hair in a weak attempt to salvage the mess as he made his way to the kitchen.

for a moment, he paused at the archway, staring at her, that goofy smile never leaving his face. she hummed a bit as she pranced around. she had obviously gotten up much earlier by the way her hair was neatly brushed back into a low ponytail, face fresh and clothes different from her pyjama set from the previous night.

"morning," he chimed softly. she jumped slightly before a smile settled on her face, realising it was him. "morning." she beamed sweetly. his smile suddenly morphed into a pout. "why did you leave me all by myself in bed? i was so scared when i didn't see you." he whined, pushing off the wall and approaching her. "i'm sorry i woke up." she replied sardonically, moving around the kitchen.

"i missed you." he wrapped his arms around her from behind, whining into her ear. jangmi could not decide between finding him cute or annoying. once he began to whine, he became a spoilt seven-year-old. reaching up, she patted his cheek softly. "i'm here now."

"mm," he hummed, leaning down towards her face. she quickly pushed him away, stepping back from him. "no way," she shook her head. "you know i don't play with morning breath. go clean up first." she gestured with a scrunch of her nose. he stepped closer, bottom lip jutting out. she took another step back. "jimin, i swear to god, stop." she lifted her index finger in a warning. he took on a mischievous grin, moving closer. "park jimin!" she turned around, taking off to the other side of the island.

he laughed at her reaction, the soft chime like sounds sending the butterflies in her belly into a frenzy. she held her hands out protectively, ignoring the feeling at the pit of her belly. "please, jimbub, no."

he froze at that, entire body going still. he blinked once. twice. three times. her hands came down, staring at him, wondering why he suddenly seemed to have become paralysed. "you haven't called me that in so long. not since-"

"we first met." she finished softly. "you used to find it annoying." she smiled sweetly. "actually, i loved it. i just pretended not to because, knowing you, it'd only make you call me that more." he admitted. "it did. i loved irritating you. or, apparently, i thought i was." she glanced towards the island, moving around the other side to continue making breakfast.

jimin didn't move, watching her with interest. jangmi continued to work, pretending not to notice his eyes on her. he twisted around, running his hand through his hair. "just so you know, if anyone else had called me jimbub, i'd have sewn their tongue to the roof of their mouth." he called out as he made his way to the bathroom.

she nearly cut herself with a knife at his words. smiling small, she shook her head. her heart might as well have been hopping about in her chest, the way she was feeling. it felt strange not to suppress the emotions that went haywire whenever jimin was around.

"mummy?" a small groggy voice called, accompanied by the patter of small feet a while later. "princess!" jimin's excited voice followed seconds after. "papa?" the surprise evident in rosalie's voice was instantly replaced by an excited, "papa!" jangmi heard the muffled sound jimin made and she smiled. "let's go say hello to mummy and give you a nice clean bath."

jangmi glanced behind her expectantly as she washed her hands in the sink. "bonjour, mummy!" rosalie appeared, very comfortable in her father's arms. "bonjour, rosie!" she beamed at the little girl. "did you sleep well?" she wiped her hands dry slowly. "yes. blanche too." the four-year-old nodded. "that's great. breakfast is almost ready. so let papa brush your teeth and give you a bath, okay?"

rosalie, ever more intuitive than a child her age should be, glanced between her parents before smiling big and nodding her head. "did you have a sleepover with mummy?" she whispered as jimin carried her out of the kitchen. her father looked at her with an astonished smile. "you were sleeping, so i had to be her teddy bear for the night." he answered softly.

"park jimin!" jangmi yelled his name for the second time that morning and once again, he only laughed in reply. shaking her head, jangmi smiled to herself. being like this was really nice.

☀️☀️☀️

yeet it's joon bug's day! the precious genius leader whom i love so much. i hope he had beautiful day full of love and hugs.

ah a whole baby boy uwu please protectaND WOW THANKS FOR 400K READS AND 21K VOTES ME NO DESERVE

aND WOW THANKS FOR 400K READS AND 21K VOTES ME NO DESERVE