SS

A VALENTINE'S SPECIAL

FORGET-ME-NOTS

HUSHED WHISPERS LEFT the lips of father and daughter as they approached the shut door of jangmi's bedroom. rosalie giggled as jimin grabbed the door knob as quietly as possible. "shh, we don't want her to hear us." he mumbled out, balancing the tray he held on one hand as he pushed the door open.

jangmi's small frame was hidden underneath the covers, only the outline of her body and the top of her messy brown hair could be seen. rosalie mimicked her father's actions, slowly taking light, soundless steps into the room and towards the bed as she held the hand picked bouquet of dusty pink roses and wax flowers jimin had wrapped himself to her chest. she broke into a run in the last few steps, jumping onto the bed and on her mother in the process, holding the flowers out to her face.

"mummy!" she yelled the same time jangmi let out a loud grunt. the woman's eyes fluttered open, blinking severally to get the blur of sleep out of her eyes. "hey, teddy bear." she grinned, shifting away from the flowers to avoid getting them in her eyes. "what is this?"

"flowers. from papa." the little girl responded with a toothy grin as her mother took the bouquet from her. "he maked it himself. he hurt his fingers many times." she added cheekily, looking to the man in question. jangmi's gaze followed hers to a flushing jimin. he wore a light brown cardigan that hung loosely on his frame over a white t-shirt and black slacks, black hair flopped over his eyes. she had to admit he looked and smelled nice. "i was only pretending to be hurt to make her laugh." the words tumbled out of his mouth defensively which only made both mother and daughter more amused.

"what you got there?" jangmi popped, eyeing him as he awkwardly stood over the bed, tray in hand. he lowered himself, the bed dipping underneath his weight, carefully placing the tray on her lap when rosalie scooted to make room. "breakfast." he answered cutely. "ooh," she glanced down at the tray with lidded dishes. "you made it yourself?" her eyes moved back up to him with a smile. "mhm," he nodded, unable to hold her gaze for long.

"and what is this?" she picked up a small pastel blue envelope with a bunch of forget-me-nots tucked into it which lay in the corner of the tray. "open it!" rosalie bounced on the bed. "pretty flowers." jangmi commented as she took the vibrant blue flowers out. "i picked them." her daughter declared proudly. jangmi leaned over and kissed her forehead. "they're lovely. thank you." she said softly with a smile before pulling out the card. it was clear that it'd been designed by a child. "did you make this, baby?" she queried. "mhm," the little girl bobbed her head.

"i love it." jangmi beamed. "open it." jimin urged, voice low, eyes fixated on her. her gaze moved to him again, regarding him carefully. she kept her eyes on him even as she did what he asked. he flushed lightly, breaking eye contact with her. even more amused, she glanced down at the card. he was still shy when it came to holding gazes for too long.

her eyes immediately gravitated to the lines written in an all too familiar handwriting. jimin's. there was an irregular thumping at her chest as she read the words so perfectly crafted.

i am yours.
i am yours as the stars
belong to the sky.
i am yours as
the rivers belong
to the sea.
i am yours as your tears
belong to your eyes
and i am yours
as your lungs belong
to the pattern in which
you breathe.

her lips trembled as she attempted to find the right words to say. her reaction seemed to slightly amuse jimin who let a small smirk curve his plump lips upwards. "happy valentine's day, jangmi." his voice was low, raspy, his eyes and all of his attention enraptured by her. "jimin." his name left her mouth in a soft whisper. she slowly looked back up at him, heart ramming painfully against her chest. "damn you." she muttered low enough for only him to hear. her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

his cheeks rounded as he smiled bright, leaning over to wrap his arms around her in a warm hug. "as your tears belong to your eyes." he murmured when he felt a cold droplet against his shoulder blade. "slick idiot. i forgot you used to write lyrics." she replied and he chuckled softly.

a weight descended on the two and their ears were filled with rosalie's happy giggles. "group hug!" she squealed and her parents laughed, pulling her into their embrace. they stayed in each other's arms for a minute. rosalie pulled away first. "mummy! tata bora is taking me out today!" she announced. "is she?" jangmi glanced at jimin. "yes. and you and i are going out for dinner tonight." he answered quietly. her left brow went up. "okay then."

she turned her attention back to the food. "so what's for breakfast?" she chimed, reaching for the lid that hid the contents of the dishes from view. "let me put out a disclaimer before you—"

he was cut short by jangmi's loud laughter. "wait, is this meant to be bibimbap?" she asked between giggles. jimin rubbed the back of his neck, glancing away from her. "i followed the recipe but i don't know what happened." he mumbled in embarrassment. "you overcooked the vegetables because you weren't looking at the time, didn't you?" she laughed. jimin's eyes shut and his lips pulled over his teeth in an embarrassed grin. "pretty much." he nodded, laughing at himself.

jangmi grabbed his face, cupping his cheeks with her hands. his eyes snapped open at her action just in time to see her move her face closer. he shut them again as soon as he felt her lips against his. his heart became loud in his ears, hands moving up to cup her face as he kissed her back. every part of his body pulsed with an inexplicable feeling.

the sound of rosalie squealing pulled them apart. they turned to her, watching as she bounced around on her knees, hands covering her eyes. jimin reached for her. "you want papa to kiss you too?" he cooed. "no," she shook her head with a giggle, hands still over her eyes. "well, too bad." he replied and proceeded to attack her face with kisses. cute squealing giggles left rosalie's mouth as she wriggled around his arms.

jangmi smiled fully, happy to be waking up to such an amazing sight on a beautiful morning.

☀☀☀

happy valentine's day from me and the han-park family! time to go buy myself some ice cream and binge watch action movies. whoop whoop!
hope you enjoyed this little fluff special! 💞

++ the message in the card is a poem by christopher poindexter

++ the message in the card is a poem by christopher poindexter. if you don't know him, you should really check him out.
update: let's not forget this is a special and is in no way a continuation of the main plot.