S⁴

A THANK YOU SPECIAL

SLOW DANCE

THE COOL AUTUMN'S day made for a beautiful scenery outside. the deciduous trees shed leaves of varying shades of reds, oranges, pinks, purples, yellows and browns. they danced and fluttered in the breeze before finding a home on ground.

from his window, jimin watched them in fascination, hands in the pockets of his jeans. the large red wool sweater he wore hung loosely on his frame which leaned against the wall.

arms snuck around his waist from behind, a head resting on his back. his lips curved up at the welcome warmth of a body against his. "hey," he murmured softly, feeling her snuggle closer. "hey," she laced her fingers through each other, drawing his attention. his smile widened at the sight of the jewellery that once adorned his neck now on her finger.

pulling a hand out of his pocket, he brushed his thumb over it. it was light but he felt jangmi's lips press against his sweater between his shoulder blades. "what about my little princess?" he asked, pretending not to notice her kiss. his fingers continued to dance over hers.

"she's sleeping in your room, tucked under your covers because she likes 'the way papa smells'." her warm breath fanned his skin. he chuckled softly. "how did we have such a smart kid?" he chimed smugly. "by giving her only your looks." she replied cheekily. "hey!"

the woman clinging to him laughed softly at his reaction. "that's what you get for having a big head." she told him, poking his belly lightly. "what were you staring at, anyway?" she peeked over his arm.

"the leaves." he whispered, turning his attention back to the scene outside. "it's pretty." she commented quietly, watching how the autumn coloured leaves flitted in the air. "not as pretty as you." he replied cheekily.

groaning, jangmi let go, pushing him lightly. laughing, jimin turned to see her put off expression. "you walked right into that one." he reached for her, pulling her closer. he clasped his arms behind her, leaning down. "i really mean it though. but i won't say anything more too cheesy."

her fingers played with his sweater, pulling him closer. "you? cheesy is your middle name." she teased lightly. "you like it." he mumbled, leaning down. his nose brushed against hers, lips ghosting over hers teasingly.

"maybe," her smile was small and warm, leaning up instinctively to join their lips. "you're just lucky i think you're cute when you try to be romantic." she pressed her lips against his softly. he kissed her back almost instantly, moving his lips against hers.

he pulled away, pressing his forehead against hers. "i'm cute all the time. what do you mean?" he assumed a cocky expression. her nose scrunched, shooting him a dirty look. "you and your fat ego. give me my kiss back." she held out her palm.

"happily," he replied. he moved closer and promptly placed a kiss on her lips. "that's not what i meant." she frowned although the corners of her mouth were begrudgingly turning up.

jimin noticed but decided not to make any comments about it. "you asked for your kiss back. how else was i supposed to give it back?" he answered, grinning smugly. jangmi shook her head at him. "you're a pain." she remarked softly, eyes meeting his.

"so you say. but your eyes tell me a whole different story. you love me the way i am." he wiggled his brows. she giggled at his antics, letting go of him. "how about some music, dancing queen?" he chimed playfully.

eyeing him suspiciously for a moment, she bobbed her head. "sure, why not?" her hands slipped into the back pockets of her jeans. smiling, he reached for his phone. her gaze trailed over him as he swiped through his phone.

suddenly, linda ronstadt's voice filled the room. placing his phone on the coffee table, he reached for her. "let's dance like those old-timey couples who have lived their entire lives together." he took her hands in his.

jangmi laughed at his words, wrapping her arms around his neck in a loose embrace. jimin pulled her closer, arms going to the small of her back. beaming brightly, she laid her head on his chest and he buried his nose in the crook of her neck, breathing in her familiar scent of strawberries and cream.

the couple moved slowly as linda ronstandt sang about a blissful haven of euphoria and peace she wanted to return to. swaying from side to side with smiles on their faces like they had been transported to a world where only they existed.

"mimi," jimin murmured halfway through the song. "hm?" the woman in his arms hummed. "you're my blue bayou." he confessed quietly, half expecting her to push him away for being corny. instead, he only heard her soft breath and he just knew she was smiling.

grinning widely into her shoulder, he brushed his fingers over the small of her back. they slow danced to the soft rock music, neither saying anything for a while.

"oh that boy of mine by my side, the silver moon and the evening tide, oh some sweet day gonna take away this hurting inside. well i'll never be blue, my dreams come true on blue bayou." linda ronstandt sang out softly.

"jiminie," jangmi called out softly in an almost sleepy tone. "hm?" his eyes remained closed, waiting for her to speak. "you're that boy by my side." her voice was muffled by his sweater but he heard her loud and clear.

moving his head up, he pressed a sweet kiss to her temple tenderly. her thumb brushed against his nape, eliciting a shiver from him. pulling her impossibly closer, he whispered into the air.

"i'll never leave."

☀️☀️☀️

and there it is! what may or may not be the last special chapter. i really wanted to say thank you for half a fucking million reads bc i'm still blown away by that, so what better way than by some extra soft, extra cheesy jangmin fluff with some corn on the side?
it took me longer than i thought to finish it and it caused a delay in posting xcviii bc i wanted to publish them together. i decided to name it s⁴ bc ssss sounded like a hissing snake and that ain't it chief.
anyway, i really do love that blue bayou song, it's so soothing and pleasant and i hope you listened to it too. thank you again! we've got only 2 chapters left guys wow!