LXXXV

ACT XVII | SCENE LXXXV

ALICE IN WONDERLAND

JANGMI'S FINGERS GHOSTED over her chest, the light cotton of her shirt brushing against skin. she'd just gotten off the phone with jimin and it happened again. he'd simply just told her how bora had apparently uninvited him to her wedding until he made up with his mother. he'd ranted about how it was an act of blackmail and she'd just laughed, enjoying listening to him talk.

then it just happened without warning. her heart lurched in her chest all of a sudden. it wasn't the first time as she had felt it a couple of times before whenever she was around jimin. but it was becoming a regular experience. just the sight of him, the sound of his voice and her heart actually moved in her chest, like it wanted to jump right out.

jangmi well recognised the feeling. it wasn't a novel concept to her. it used to happen all the time when she was younger and dating jimin. at random times, the simplest thing he did or said had her heart doing pirouettes.

she wasn't going to lie, the fact that it was happening again scared the hell out of her for it meant one thing. her thoughts strayed back to myungsoo's visit. his words, his knowing look, the smile on his face. jangmi felt herself panicking. hoseok, brigitte and sora had not ceased teasing and planting the idea that she possibly had feelings for jimin but she had vehemently refused, denying feeling anything beyond friendship.

yet, it was becoming more glaring than ever. she remembered the day she began to realise her feelings were straying beyond the line of friendship. it wasn't the day he accidentally kissed her. yes, she had been dazed, confused and slightly panicked but there hadn't been any distinctive surge of emotion. or at least, she had not considered the possibility.

she hadn't been kissed in years before that. not that she hadn't been in any relationships since jimin. she had, but none of them had lasted longer than a couple of months, usually because she would always put rosalie first before anyone else every time. she figured out that romantic relationships had no place in her life for the time being and it had been that way ever since.

and yet she was having her heart speed up because of the same man who'd broken it years ago. she would be lying if she said that didn't frighten the hell out of her.

the actual day it happened, rosalie had made them both up. the moment she had realised those feelings were making a reappearance was when jimin had been laughing uncontrollably at the makeup rosalie had done on her face and instead of instantly getting mad, her heart had done a little dance in her chest at the sound. that entire day, she'd acted normal but she was scared out of her mind at the way her emotions were flying out of control.

she kept initiating physical contact, testing herself, her reaction to him. sometimes it would happen but most of the time she was fine. so she had ruled it off as some sort of muscle memory. her heart remembered running into a frenzy around jimin and it did just that. but his father had come around and thrown a wrench in her theory, causing her to question herself again.

and then when they began to spend more time together, she got too comfortable, and found herself getting used to having him around. which she was well aware was not good if she wanted her stirring feelings to burn out completely. but it wasn't like she could particularly avoid park jimin. he was her daughter's father and her friend.

she stared at the blank screen of her phone, not particularly seeing anything. brows furrowing as the storm brewing in her chest finally settled. her fingers traced down her baby blue shirt, settling over her belly. there were couple of butterflies fluttering about in there.

a hand appeared in her line of vision, fingers snapping in front of her eyes. "i'd like my best friend back in seoul where the rest of us are." hoseok's voice reached her ears, breath brushing against her skin. his head twisted to look at her, one hand resting on her shoulder as he stood behind her. "you promised to help me with this, so i'd appreciate it if alice left wonderland and crawled back up the rabbit hole to where i'm waiting."

jangmi turned her head slightly, looking up at him. "sorry, i just got distracted." she smiled sweet and slow at him. "by jimin?" his eyes blinked almost innocently but she caught the look in them. she looked away, shoving her phone into her pocket. "what are we on now? the invite list?" clearing her throat, she swiftly switched topics. a grin split hoseok's lips and he decided not to say any more on the topic. "yeah. and i need your help. i can't sort all of them out by myself."

she smiled back at him. "sure, of course." she nodded, letting him lead her back to the space they'd been working at.

☀️☀️☀️

ITS JEONGGUK'S DAY!!! AH MY BABY IS 21 HE'S GROWING SO BIG :') IM GETTING SO EMO WATCHING HIM GROW I HOPE HE HAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY WITH HIS HYUNGS AND LAUGHS LOADS

JUST LOOK AT HIM UWU *BREAKS PROTECT BUTTON*
AND AS I SAID BEFORE THE JEONGGUK BOOK IS OUT AND IT'S CALLED SHADES OF SUMMER