XCVI

ACT XX | SCENE XCVI

HAIRCUT

ROSALIE GIGGLED, PATTING her mother's cheeks, leaving chocolate stains on them. jangmi chuckled with a small sigh, feeling the stickiness on her skin. "sit still, baby. let me wipe your hands."

the girl did as she was told, holding out her hands to her mother who wiped them clean with a wet tissue. "all good. you can continue eating." beaming brightly, rosalie reached for a chocolate croissant, excitedly biting into it. her legs swung from her chair as she chewed slowly, head moving from side to side.

glancing up, her eyes widened, small index finger pointing. "mummy, look! tata nari!" jangmi's gaze followed her hand to see jeon nari strolling, smile on her face, cold drink in hand. what was most notable was the man walking next to her, talking and making her laugh. her brows moved higher on her face.

just then, nari turned and her gaze met hers. large eyes widened before creasing into a smile. jangmi returned the gesture, waving. rosalie did the same, arm up, waving wildly. nari giggled, waving with nearly the same enthusiasm. "have fun," the little girl's mother mouthed. "thank you," was the silent reply.

jangmi nodded, lips pursed in a tiny smile. the younger woman had always been nice to her and it seemed her crush on jimin was gone. she looked very happy to jangmi and that made her glad. she deserved it.

a warm hand on her shoulder and soft lips on her cheek pulled her out of her thoughts. she blinked, gaze fluttering up to meet jimin's profile. her heart did a little dance, a smile playing across her lips. "hey, jiminie." she breathed, watching the corners of his mouth lift. "hey, my queen."

"papa!" rosalie squealed. "hey, my princess!" he replied with equal fervour, kissing the top of her head. she giggled, kicking her legs even more. he kissed her again before moving around the table to take a seat.

"you're late." jangmi folded her arms over her chest, not looking at him. "yeah, i had to talk to hoseok about something important." he blew out a breath. she turned to look at him then, curiosity piqued at the mention of her best friend's name. the question she wanted to ask vanished with a gasp and rounded eyes.

"y-your hair," she pointed. "you cut it." her voice was breathy, eyes fixated on his hair. it was cropped at the sides and back, the longer tufts in soft waves, drawing more attention to his beautiful face. "i got an undercut. taehyung's idea. i was thinking of maybe dyeing it brown but i changed my mind last minute. do you like it?" he rubbed strands of wavy black hair between his thumb and index finger. she blinked, meeting his gaze. "holy, yes. it looks really really good."

he laughed at her reaction, fingers brushing through the shorter tendrils. her eyes followed his action, which amused him to no end. "you really like it, huh?" he rested his cheek on his palm, arm propped up on the table. "i'm not stroking your ego again, shut up."

"i like it, papa." rosalie chimed, looking up at him. his eyes turned into crescents, smiling at the girl. "thank you, princess!" he winked at her. "you're welcome!" she giggled before biting into her croissant.

jimin returned his attention back to jangmi, assuming a cocky expression. "imagine having to pretend not to love this." he chimed playfully. she shot him a look of incredulity, left brow raised. "stop that, you look like an idiot."

"but you love this idiot." he wiggled his brows, features contorted in a silly expression. he could tell she was struggling to keep her face straight, her lips twitching with the effort. "dream on." she retorted. he only smiled, leaning forward, eyes intense. "you know what's so great about that? i don't have to." he whispered thickly, voice becoming raspier in satoori, before sitting straight again.

her chest heaved with a sharp intake of breath, eyes taking him in. "shut it." she muttered sulkily with a slight pout of her lips. he smiled softly, eyes becoming crescents.

he reached for her hand on the table, wrapping his around hers. he stared at them, noting the differences in their hands. he brushed his thumb over the back of her hand. her hand was small, slender fingers moving ever so slightly at his touch. his fingers were adorned with silver rings while hers were bare.

he blinked, imagining a ring on her finger. his lips pressed together cutely, thumb trailing a path down her ring finger. jangmi's hand curved around his, giving a light squeeze. his eyes moved up to meet hers. "earth to jimbub." she mumbled, head tilting to the side.

"i'm here. just thinking about how lucky i am to have you two in my life." he responded, lacing his fingers through hers. she beamed at him, pressing the pads of her fingers to the back of his hand. "you are lucky." she chimed playfully. "but so am i." she added earnestly.

"i'm lucky too!" rosalie threw her hands up. mother and father laughed at the little girl's squealing. "we're the luckiest to have you, my beautiful angel." jangmi lightly pinched her daughter's cheek. jimin's head bobbed in agreement.

rosalie giggled, large eyes creasing into happy crescents the way her father's did. "i love mummy and papa!" she announced. "we love you too, princess." jimin replied, smiling sweetly.

he had an amazing woman he loved and a beautiful daughter. he was lucky.

☀️☀️☀️

idk if y'all remember but in xli before hoseok left, how tae hoped jimin would realise how lucky he was to have jangmi and rosalie, this chapter is kind of a reference to that. it's also to clear up any doubts you have about nari. the girl was never a bad person, she never threatened jangmi or tried to get her away from jimin. i'll explain that more at the end of this story. we don't want another long a/n on our hands.
take care of yourselves, stay hydrated, sleep well and don't miss meals. hope you have/had a lovely day