XCIX

ACT XX | SCENE XCIX

DIAMOND

JANGMI RAN HER hands down the diamond white dress that fit snuggly against her curves. her eyes ran over her body in the full length mirror. the dress was gorgeous with its carefully structured crystal cold shoulder sleeves and fitted mermaid silhouette.

strategically placed intricate floral lace appliques covered the sparkling silk tulle that held on to her body before flaring out into a cathedral train with a scalloped lace hem. the back dipped low in a scoop back, zip hidden behind soft silk beads that served to add beauty to the dress.

the detailed lace of the low v neckline stuck to her like a second skin. the small necklace she wore lay on her chest, the teardrop diamond glistening in the light of the room. it was a gift from sooyoung.

her hair had been swept up in a beautiful chignon, brown tendrils left to frame her face, a barely visible tiara sat on her hair. she pursed nude painted lips, taking a deep breath.

the sound of the door clicking shut drew her attention from her reflection to that of the other person in the room. she smiled softly at hoseok's dramatic reaction. "you look divine." he remarked, finally recovering from his surprise and approaching her slowly. "thank you, hobi."

his arms wrapped around her carefully, resting his chin on her bare shoulder. "nervous, ballerina?" he mumbled, eyes on their reflection. she nodded in response. "my hands are shaking." she held them up so he could see. he wrapped his large hands around her small jittery ones, giving a reassuring squeeze.

"you look beautiful. and that idiot out there waiting for you would be just as eager to marry you even if you were dressed in rags dragged through the mud and dumped in the lion's den for a week."

jangmi's expression was straight. "wow, thanks for the pep talk, hobi." she replied drily. "you're welcome, my love." he beamed, kissing her cheek. "now, dad's waiting to walk his little ballerina down the aisle so let's get going."

her lips pressed in a smile as she nodded. taking her hand, he led her out of the room. "my child, you look like an angel!" sooyoung gasped, wrapping her arms around the young woman in a warm hug. "thank you, mum." jangmi's ears went red. "yes, mummy, you look like a princess." rosalie threw her hands up, nearly dropping the small basket of white rose and peony petals she held.

"thank you, my angel teddy bear." jangmi blew the child a kiss. "wow, my little dancer is all grown up." jung joohyuk let out dramatically, eyes raking over the bride. he looked to be on the verge of tears. "father..."

"i'm so proud of you, my child. and they would be too." he cupped her cheeks. barely stopping her tears before they ran down her cheeks and ruined her makeup, her head bobbed in a nod. "thank you, dad." she threw her arms around him. he patted her back warmly before slowly pulling away.

he pulled the veil over her face. "now, let's get you to the altar, my dancing princess." he beamed brightly. her smile was only slightly visible behind the soft tulle veil. "yes," she answered, feeling another kiss from hoseok on her cheek.

she looped her arm through joohyuk's. "ready?" he questioned softly. "ready."

• • •

the wedding march announced the bride's appearance. jimin pulled his bottom lip between his teeth, eyes moving to the opening doors. his breath caught in his throat at the glorious sight before him, slowly approaching.

maybe he was hallucinating or it could have been the lighting but jangmi seemed to be haloed. exquisite beauty was approaching and he wasn't sure what to do.

his chest was swelling with too many emotions all at once. he had been dreaming of this moment for years and it was finally happening. it felt too overwhelming, too unreal. and quite frankly, jimin was afraid he'd wake up on his bed to find that he had only been dreaming.

his lips parted as she got closer, his heart going haywire. "oh god," he muttered, scared that he might die before he ever got to marry the girl of his dreams. the only woman he'd ever loved.

for some reason, he felt like he'd been led to the edge of the garden of eden and had one foot in, and he had the apprehension that some large unknown hand might yank him back before he could find his way into paradise.

his vision suddenly became hazy and jimin couldn't see clearly. jangmi's nearing form was blurry for an unknown reason.

"are you crying?" taehyung's breath brushed against his neck as the taller man leaned in. "no," jimin muttered in reply only to feel his eyes sting even more. quickly reaching up, he wiped his eyes with the back of his hands. he hated how he always ended up tearing up whenever he was asked that question.

"you totally are." the younger man laughed, patting his friend's shoulder. "she's beautiful." he commented again. "yeah," jimin nodded his agreement. "positively ethereal." he breathed out, gaze not moving from the woman. "and she's all mine."

jimin's lips curved up and couldn't turn down if he tried as joohyuk lifted her veil slightly to plant a kiss on her cheek before handing her over to him.

"hey," he grinned, taking her hand. "hey," she replied, her nervousness seeping into her excited voice. "you look like you floated down from heaven." he told her sweetly. he couldn't see her face but could tell she was smiling by the way she looked down. the priest cleared his throat, drawing the attention of the couple as well as the crowd.

"dearly beloved, we are gathered here today..."

☀️☀️☀️

firstly, i know this isn't exactly how korean wedding ceremonies are held but honestly i was too busy (and lazy) to research more on the little i know about weddings in korea.
secondly, like i said before, i'm really busy bc i'm at a military controlled camp and it's so hectic and demanding (i'm dying here pls save me). i barely even have time to check my notifs. so i'm sorry if i don't really respond to comments for a while.

thirdly, JANGMIN IS HITCHED Y'ALL. IT FINALLY HAPPENED, THEY'RE MARRIED YEET ITS ALMOST OVER ONE MORE CHAPTER AND IT'LL BE THE END LIKE WOW
ALSO I WON THE BTS WRITERS AWARDS WHICH IS AMAZING I'M SO GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL