XCV

ACT XIX | SCENE XCV

HINT

IT WAS AN incredibly hot day. the sort that made everything sticky and uncomfortable. when she walked in, jangmi was grateful for the cool air of the café. sighing in relief, she hurried towards an empty table. jimin had asked her to meet him there so she'd had to leave rosalie with sora to enjoy her play date with heejun.

she slid into the chair, fanning herself with her hand. groaning in disgust, her eyes shut. she hated the heat so much, especially sticky heat. sensing a presence beside her, her eyes flicked open. a waitress stood with a smile. "would you like anything?" she asked. "just a glass of water for now." jangmi responded. nodding, the younger woman walked away.

she returned a few minutes later with a glass of water. "thank you." jangmi smiled. she wrapped her hands around the glass, allowing the coolness from the surface seep onto her skin. her gaze moved to the glass floor to ceiling window. where was jimin anyways? he was the one who'd called her and yet he was late.

"well, hello there," the shadow over her features and the voice alerted her to the person standing above her. she looked away from the window towards the sound of the voice. as soon as her gaze met his, she recognised the face. her features instantly contorted in a frown. "you again." her tone was cold and unfriendly.

"wow, i didn't think you'd remember me. i'm kind of flattered." his eyes widened only a fraction before moving around. "where are your husband and kid?" the man shoved his hands into his pockets. "i'd appreciate it if you left and stopped bothering me. i don't know you and you're making me uncomfortable."

"i'm just trying to make polite conversation." his brows furrowed a bit. "go be polite somewhere else." she replied with a scowl. "you're kind of rude." the man remarked. "and you're kind of creepy. since we're done stating facts, can you leave?" her brows moved higher on her face. the man's lips parted to speak when he was interrupted by another voice.

"noona, is this man bothering you?" jeongguk's big soft brown eyes moved from jangmi's face to glare at the unknown man. "ggukie," she smiled at the younger man. "ah, so that's a yes." jeongguk turned so he was fully facing the man whilst hiding her from his view.

"move from the lady before i move you." his voice dropped to a threatening low, arms folding over his chest so that his muscles became more pronounced. the other man blinked, tilting his head to catch a glimpse of jangmi. "this is not the same man from last time. where's the one who's supposed to be your husband?"

"are you talking about me?"

three pairs of eyes turned at the sound of the raspy voice. jimin stood, his suit jacket unbuttoned, tie off, hair disheveled, hands in the pockets of his trousers and his head tilted slightly. a dangerous smile pulled the corners of his mouth up, feet moving once more.

"i remember you from the store. couldn't take a hint then too. so what's it going to be this time? will you take a hint or a hit?" his voice was cold even as he continued to smile. he stopped next to the empty chair across from jangmi. head tilting, he blinked expectantly at the man.

"do i really have to move you? because, trust me, you won't like that." jeongguk's brow arched in question. smiling nervously, the man stepped back. "ah, i'm sorry. i'm sorry." he waved his hands before turning around and hurrying away.

jeongguk's features instantly softened, turning back to his friends. "that was nice, haha! hyung, you actually looked cool for once." he grinned. "shut up, gguk." jimin answered flatly, rolling his eyes. the younger kept his cheeky expression. "you're okay, right, noona?" he glanced at jangmi. "yes, thank you, ggukie."

"well, i'm going to get myself some chocolate cake. bye!" he winked and walked away from the couple. the two looked after him, jangmi with a smile, jimin with a shake of his head. he took a seat, beaming at her.

"stop calling him ggukie, you're encouraging his flirting." he told her. "i think it's cute. are you jealous?" she chuckled, left brow lifted teasingly. "of course not!" jimin scoffed repeatedly, making jangmi laugh even more.

"so, why did you call me, hm?" she switched topics. his smile returned, bigger this time. "there was a board meeting today." he informed. "what? did you tell them to shove their nosy questions up their asses this time? or was there more honeypot dipping?" she teased. he scrunched his nose at her, "shut it." she only laughed more. "okay, what really happened?"

he reached for her hand, squeezing lightly. his fingers laced through hers, playing with them. "i was appointed as the new ceo today." his eyes moved from their entwined hands to her face.

she gasped, eyes widening. "oh my god! oh my god, really?" she queried excitedly. he nodded, child-like smile on his face. "that's great! congratulations, jiminie!" she let out. "thank you." he lifted their intertwined hands, placing a soft kiss on the back of hers twice. "are you nervous?" she questioned sweetly, eyes moving over his features.

"no. no, i'm not. that's the weird part. i don't feel scared or nervous or anything of the sort." he replied with a shake of his head. "well, that's a good thing. don't let the pressure get to you." she smiled reassuringly, giving his hand a light squeeze. her fingers brushed over his skin softly.

a small smile graced his lips. "you're the absolute best, mimi. i love you." he kissed her hand again. "i know." she grinned smugly. "did you just pull a han solo on me?" his head tilted, hair falling over his eyes.

winking at him, she laughed softly. his head dropped, smile never leaving his face. this was the woman he loved and he missed her so much all this while.

☀️☀️☀️

y'all i may or may not be tearing up bc i just realised after this, we'll only have one act left. so we're five chapters away from the end. what will i do with myself when this is over? i've spent the longest time writing this story and i finished about four ?? other stories in that time and its going to be weird not having to think about the plot of this story while i'm doing something else.
but i do have a couple new storylines i'm working on. a bodyguard au i mentioned to my followers before and a prince au. (since the original idea for this story was actually a prince au not a chaebol one as it's come to be, i got inspired.) i won't mention who would be the mc but which would you prefer?
anywho, in the last act of this story i'm basically wrapping things up and tying loose ends. so expect a lot of (important) fluff yeah.
and thank you so so so so much for 25k votes! y'all are amazing. sorry for the long a/n oof i love you guys so much ♡

 sorry for the long a/n oof i love you guys so much ♡