LXXX

ACT XVI | SCENE LXXX

PIERCINGS

JANGMI AWOKE TO the smell of burning toast. she groaned, turning her head to the other side only to let out another groan. she had forgotten to draw the curtains close the night before and the sun filtered into her half shut eyes. the smell of burning toast became more prominent as it filled her nostrils. "bon sang." she grumbled, flipping the covers off her body. "if he burns my house down, i'll deep fry him."

she slipped small feet into soft slippers, grabbing her robe and wrapping it around her small frame. she stomped her way out of her bedroom and towards the kitchen. "what are you making? burnt offering?" she called out even as her body momentarily froze at the sight of rosalie and her father moving about in the kitchen.

jimin's head shot up at the sound of her voice. "haha. very funny, jangmi." he responded drily, placing two toasts on a plate. "bonjour, mummy!" rosalie piped up, pulling her mother's attention to her.

"oh, hey angel! bonjour." jangmi smiled wide. "what are you doing?" she questioned, noting the plastic knife the little girl held awkwardly. "helping papa butter the toast," came the proud reply. "oh, that's nice. it'll distract from the taste of smoke."

jimin shot her a dirty look. "you're eating my 'burnt offering' without butter for that." he remarked, placing a plate on the dining table. "you'd have to shove it down my throat." she replied, stepping towards the fridge. she heard him sigh behind her. her lips curled up as she pulled out a bottle of orange juice. "at least nobody's going to criticise my cooking when i move into my place next weekend." he mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

"i hope you have takeouts on speed dial because if you cook your own meals, no one will find your corpse on time." she teased, pouring herself a glass of the fruit juice. "han jangmi!" he gasped only for her to laugh in reply.

she put the glass to her lips, staring at him over the rim. her left brow lifted as her eyes caught something different. "that's new." she remarked, gaze on his ears. his hands came up to touch his earlobes where two silver earrings dangled. "oh, i went to have my piercings reopened with tae, last night."

"not very future ceo like, jiminie." she chimed, moving around him to plant a kiss atop rosalie's head. his heart went still for a moment, not beating against his ribcage. that nickname. it had been so long. god, he had missed hearing her saying it. "maybe your mother's right. i might be a bad influence. one week living with me and you're already getting your ears pierced again."

he rolled his eyes at her comment. "i'm a grown man who makes his own decisions." he huffed out. her eyes crinkled as she beamed brightly at him. "still cute." she mumbled as she took a seat at the dining. it was low but he caught it.

he glanced down, lips curling up. his hands wrapped around rosalie, lifting her up and into one of the chairs at the table. "that's enough buttering, princess." he grunted dramatically, pressing a kiss against the four-year-old's cheek.

"we're really having burnt toasts for breakfast." jangmi's tone held disbelief as she stared at the plate of charred toasts covered in sloppily spread butter in front of her. "yes, and you're going to love it because rosalie and i took time out to make them." he dropped himself into the chair across from her.

rosalie was the first to bite into her breakfast and her facial expression as she chewed had jangmi cackling. "you don't like it, rosie?" she asked between chuckles. the girl shook her head, reaching for her orange juice. "mm-mm. bitter." she answered after nearly downing the entire cup. snorting, jangmi patted the girl's head.

"i'm sure it's not that bad." jimin pouted a bit before taking a bite. his cute little nose crinkled as he forcefully chewed and swallowed. she felt her heart do a little leap at the expression. "actually no. it tastes like charcoal." he admitted grudgingly. jangmi's laugh didn't make him feel any better.

"guess we're going out for breakfast then, chef park?" she quipped. "okay, you know what, i didn't want to ruin your morning by telling you this. but since you keep being a tiny witch, hoseok called me this morning to tell you he's sorry but it just slipped. " jimin crossed his arms over his chest. "what slipped?" jangmi's brows furrowed. "just be expecting a call from a very pissed brigitte, soon."

jangmi gasped. "he didn't!" she exclaimed. "hm, but he did. he thought she knew. why didn't you tell her?" he responded. "she would have blown her top and maybe hopped on the first flight here even if i told her everything was fine." she sighed. "well now she'll be on the first flight to have your head." he chimed teasingly. the glare she shot him made him giggle. her lips unwittingly curved up at the sound.

"food?" rosalie questioned, pulling her parents' attention back to her. jangmi and jimin both glanced down at their plates before jumping on their feet. "right."

☀️☀️☀️

finally done with all my exams today and couldn't wait to get back to writing! thank you for being patient! also there's gonna be another special to celebrate the anniversary of this story which is coincidentally the day before bts releases the love yourself: answer album! and with time zones it's going to be on the same day for me i-
and oMFG THANKS FOR 316K READS THIS FEELS SURREAL YOU GUYS ARE JUST THE BEST ILYSM

finally done with all my exams today and couldn't wait to get back to writing! thank you for being patient! also there's gonna be another special to celebrate the anniversary of this story which is coincidentally the day before bts releases the lo...

BABY MAMA | pjmOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara