XLV

ACT IX | SCENE XLV

GOODBYES

THIS WAS THE TENTH time jangmi would be hugging hoseok. he chuckled, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer as she stood on her tiptoes to be able to get her arms around his neck. it was always like this when he was leaving. she found it really hard to say goodbye to him and he totally understood. he was the closest thing she had to a family besides rosalie.

"i'll miss you." she muttered into the crook of his neck. "i'll miss you more." he told her. "i don't think so but okay." she finally pulled away, standing flat on the floor again. hoseok's face split in a huge smile, amusement dancing in his eyes. he reached down and picked up the little girl that was staring at them, a pout on her lips. "what's the matter, rolly polly?" he queried, noting her unhappy look.

"you're going." the child replied. "yes, but i will be back." he promised. "now turn that frown upside down." his index finger poked the side of her mouth, pushing up slightly to make her smile. it worked, the little girl giggling. "i'll buy you lots of presents, hmm?" he said with a smile, bopping her nose when she bobbed her head.

"be safe." jangmi said, going for another hug. "i will. and i'll call the moment i get to my hotel." he added before she could say anything. "i'll call everyday to check up on you two." he informed as it was announced that his plane was boarding. "don't make all the girls on the island fall for your multilingual charm." she chimed playfully and he laughed, the action causing a quake of his body that she felt. "i love you." she pulled away slowly. "i love you too. and i love you, my little angel." he planted a soft kiss to rosalie's temple. "i love you too, uncle hobi." the girl grinned.

hoseok handed the child to jangmi, placing a chaste kiss on her forehead as well. "see you in four weeks." he grinned, picking up his luggage and backing away. he continued to wave, until he turned around.

sighing, jangmi looked at her daughter. "should we go for ice cream today?" she asked, nuzzling the girl. rosalie's pout disappeared at the mention of the sweet treat and she nodded her head enthusiastically, "mhm. can we get ice cream for blanche too?" she asked, thinking of the growing cat they'd left at home. "she can't have ice cream but we'll get her more milk on the way home, hm?" jangmi suggested. the girl nodded her head. "okay."

the walk back to the car was filled with rosalie singing nursery rhymes which jangmi hummed in tune to, bobbing her head from side to side animatedly and making her daughter laugh as she played with her hair. she carefully strapped rosalie into the car seat, stroking the girl's hair. "let's hurry so we can get back to blanche, i'm sure she's missing you." rosalie nodded her head, beaming up at her mother.

just as jangmi shut the backdoor, her phone began to buzz in her back pocket. reaching for the phone, a little frown pulled her lips downward at the caller id. she didn't want to talk to him yet. not after the exchange yesterday. she was still mad at him. reluctantly, she swiped on the answer button. "what?" her tone came off even more unfriendly than she had intended. it was silent on the other end for a moment before jimin finally replied. "you said if i still wanted to take rosalie out, i could do so today." his voice was devoid of emotion.

"we're going for ice cream but you could come get her from there. we're going to the cone." she walked around the front to the driver's side, slipping in quickly. "okay. i'll see you there." he replied, monotone. "bye." she ended the call, tossing the phone onto the passenger's seat.

when it came to jimin, jangmi found that it was no longer difficult to tell him goodbye. not after everything that had happened between them. she had been able to cut herself off from him completely before, despite how painful it had been and how much crying she had done. if she could do it then, she had no problems doing it now. even if it was only temporary and more of a see you later.

"rosie," her gaze moved to the rearview mirror where she could see rosalie humming as she played with the rose embroidery on her jeans. the little girl glanced up. "papa is having ice cream with us." jangmi informed, watching as her face lit up, legs swinging up in excitement. "you're happy." she commented, smiling softly at her. "mhm," rosalie nodded. jangmi grinned as she turned the key in the ignition, returning her gaze to the road ahead.

"at least that makes one of us." she muttered under her breath. pushing her foot down on the accelerator, she backed out of the parking lot and towards the cone, where they would be meeting jimin.

☀️☀️☀️

a somewhat soft chapter for the jangseok shippers. + my neighbor has been yelling out an unrecognizable song for almost fifteen minutes now and even though i shut all the windows in my apartment, i can still hear her. if anyone would like to stab my ears out with a knife, i'd really appreciate it

BABY MAMA | pjmजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें