LXIX

ACT XIV | SCENE LXIX

ASPHYXIA

NEITHER OF THEM could sleep. taehyung, namjoon and even sora had come by but jangmi barely acknowledged any of them. it was as though once her tears stopped so did her emotional capabilities. they laid on the bed in each other's arms, silent. at some point, jimin thought jangmi might have fallen asleep but quickly shook the notion off when he heard her sniffle and sigh.

spooning her all night, he stared at the wall of her bedroom until the sun came up and left dappled patterns of gold on the cream painted concrete as it filtered through the barely shut curtains. blinking, he sighed and sat up, feeling an exhaustion not from the lack of sleep but from the endless thoughts that ran through his mind the whole time he was supposed to be sleeping. he watched jangmi sit up as well, twisting her body so she could look at him. "you hungry? i'm making rice."

jimin's face became even sadder. "jangmi—" he started only to be cut off. "i'm going to brush my teeth. i didn't throw away the spare toothbrush you used last time so it's still in the bathroom for when you want to brush your teeth." she ran her fingers through her hair and let out a sigh, throwing her legs over the side of the bed. she hurried out of the room and to the bathroom.

jimin groaned, throwing his head forward, hiding his face behind his hands in frustration. he twisted and reached for his phone on the nightstand and dialed his last contacted. "anything?" he asked once the man picked. "i'm sorry. nothing yet." junmyeon apologised. jimin's eyes shut again in defeat. "make sure to call me the moment there's any news. any news at all." he ran nimble fingers through his messy hair. "certainly."

"thank you."

he sat there for a moment, pulling at every bit of hope he had. his lips moved as he muttered a short prayer. "please, bring our little miracle back. bring gijeog back to us in one piece." his hands were clasped together for a long minute, eyes staying shut until he began to hear loud movements. his gaze shifted to the door as he realised it was jangmi in the kitchen.

letting out a sigh, he moved to his feet, taking long strides towards the door, stopping at the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face. when he entered the kitchen, she already had the rice cooker on. she glanced up when she heard his soft footfalls. "it'll be done soon." she was already setting up the side dishes.

neither of them would be going in to work, that was for sure. which jimin guessed was a good thing considering how hard jangmi was trying to distract herself from reality, she might have danced herself to a twisted ankle. "would you like to get some air after breakfast?" he asked quietly, eyes moving toward the front of the house, well aware that there were protective details outside. "air? yeah, air's good. i feel like i'm going to die of asphyxia in here." she admitted. "i wish i could do more than cry and cook."

he approached her slowly, taking her arms and turning her to face him. his hands moved up and massaged her shoulders softly. "you're human. and there's only so much you can do right now. just be strong and believe that we'll get rosalie back soon." his voice was low and smooth. "why haven't they called? at least to tell us what they want, at least to know she's okay. i just want a call, to get a little clue as to why this is happening. is it money? is this some sort of vendetta? not knowing anything is killing me." she mumbled out without taking a breath.

he pulled her closer into a hug, trying to hold her comfortingly, offering her one of the bear hugs she loved so much. he understood her worries. had felt them. he had waited all night for a call. a clue. something. and he hated the feeling. he stroked her hair, breathing in her familiar scent of strawberries and cream to calm himself. his arms tightened around her when he felt her grip the back his shirt hard.

"everything will be fine. i promise."

they stood there in each other's arms for the longest time, drawing and giving comfort to one another.

☀️☀️☀️

plot twist: i haven't decided what happened or who did what and plan to draw inspiration from one of your theories.

jk jk, i already planned it out but i like seeing what direction the story would take if any of your theories were true

so it's day two of rosalie's disappearance. have any of you changed your minds as to what could possibly be happening? i'd love to hear it. i like knowing what you think.
btw, i created an instagram page for my wp account. it's @/jiminiumswp. you can dm me on there without the bugs of wp. plus i may or may not post sneak peeks and clues of my stories on there. and i'm thinking of doing a special, maybe a thank you live or video idk.

also thank you for 42k reads and 3k votes!!! and baby mama is rising through the ranks in fanfiction! from 937 to 678! i am so fecking amazed?? i love every one of you. you guys are amazing and each of you make me happy in your own way 💛💛💛