LXVIII

ACT XIV | SCENE LXVIII

LOOPY GRIN

JIMIN WAS LOSING his mind. the ringing in his ears never stopped as he held a shaking jangmi in his arms, whispering reassuring words in her ear. it had been three hours and there was still nothing. there were absolutely no clues to rosalie's whereabouts or who could have taken her. there had been no ransom calls either.

that was the part that unnerved jimin the most, not knowing what whoever took her wanted from either of them. the police had been flocking about the place the last couple of hours. and jangmi hadn't stop crying the entire time. his mind was screaming and he couldn't form one coherent thought in his head. all he wanted was his daughter back. he didn't care what it would cost him. he'd initially planned to go searching for her everywhere with the police but jin had told him he had to be there for the mother of his child.

she held on to him like her life depended on it, like it would bring rosalie back to them. she kept muttering incoherent words as she cried. and jimin could do nothing to console her but hold her to his chest and stroke her hair and back. quietly, he pulled her up onto his lap so that her body wasn't bent awkwardly. "we're going to find her, okay? everyone is searching for her." he whispered softly, trying to keep the apprehension out of his voice.

"the police has a sketch of the man who took her, they're going to find her soon." he ran his thumb over the skin of her upper arm in soothing circles. he wasn't sure if he was assuring himself or jangmi at this point. all he wanted was to see rosalie run in through the front door, smiling so brightly, her chipped tooth was on display for everyone to see.

the sun was setting and he didn't want to think of how scared his child will be without either of her parents there with her. he shivered, tightening his grip on jangmi. "our little girl." she mumbled and this time he heard her. jimin would have been elated to hear her use the word 'our' if it weren't for the fact that the little girl in question was currently missing.

loud footsteps pulled jimin's attention from his fast flying messed up thoughts. bora appeared in the living room then, hair looking like she had stuck her head out the window during a high speed car chase. a tall man stood behind her and jimin realised it was his brother-in-law to be, heo heungmin. "jimin, jangmi. oh my god." his sister suddenly looked dizzy as she approached them. "h-have they called?" she asked as jangmi glanced up at her. the younger woman burst into another round of tears as she shook her head.

bora reached over and gave her a small warm hug. "we'll definitely find her. everyone's searching for her. she's going to come back hale and hearty with that loopy grin on her face and give you one of her many warm hugs." she patted the weeping mother's hair which was just as mussed up as hers, if not worse. jangmi bobbed her head in a nod, tears splashing with the movement.

"has father called?" bora looked at her brother with sad eyes. "yeah," he nodded. "he's made a lot of calls. and is also waiting to see if there's a ransom call." jimin's voice was low and cracked like he was going through puberty all over again. "i feel so useless." he muttered in defeat, casting his gaze downwards, his fingers dancing down jangmi's tense back in soothing patterns that did little to ease her tears. "you're not useless. this amazing woman right here needs you." bora glanced at the woman who wiped at her tears repeatedly, even as her chest heaved with silent sobs. "imagine if, god forbid, she had to go through this mess by herself."

jimin's grip on jangmi tightened at that, pulling her even closer to him. his shirt had already been soaked with her tears, the soft white cotton fabric becoming see through and sticking to his chest but that was the last thing he cared about as he glanced at her in his arms. she looked so forlorn and lost. and even though her crying had begun to ease up, she still shook in his arms, clenching and unclenching her hands repeatedly.

suddenly, jimin felt a surge of anger. anger at whoever did this. his protective instincts were out and he hoped to god he didn't see the man who took their child when they caught him because he was scared of what he was capable of. his gaze moved back to his sister. "if i ever lay my eyes on him, i'll kill him."

☀️☀️☀️

so let's hear them. your theories on who might have taken rosalie and why. how long will this last? how long will it take till she's found? days? weeks? months? maybe even years?
find out on the next episode of dragon ball z

 how long will this last? how long will it take till she's found? days? weeks? months? maybe even years? find out on the next episode of dragon ball z