LXIV

ACT XIII | SCENE LXIV

ILLUSION

THE RINGING DOORBELL made jimin push his face further into the pillows. he groaned in annoyance before he noticed how the pillows and the sheets smelled of strawberries and cream. one eye shot open, then the other. jangmi's sleeping face inches away from his was the first thing he saw. he felt a leg on his thigh and glanced down to see rosalie snuggled between them and a grin slowly found its way to his face. he subtly remembered feeling like he was being crawled over in the middle of the night but had brushed it off as a sleepy hallucination. he couldn't even remember falling asleep on jangmi's bed.

he recalled putting rosalie in bed himself, recollected how great it had felt to do it despite the exhaustion he had felt from running around with her for hours before dinner and even a short while after. he remembered jangmi helping him take off the makeup his daughter made him keep on the entire day and doing the same for her. he also remembered putting on face masks and laying on her bed. he must have fallen asleep then because he couldn't recall much after that.

he smiled to himself as he stared at her face so close to his, all three of them in the same bed. she looked gorgeous and strangely happy in her sleep. long lashes settled over soft tan cheeks, brown locks falling over her face which rested on her palm, making her cheek puff out. he reached over, using his fingers to gently brush her hair out of her face.

for a moment, he laid there savouring the illusion of feeling like a little happy family but the sound of the doorbell ringing again pulled him out of his reverie. groaning again, he threw the covers off his body, not wanting the ringing to wake an already stirring jangmi or rosalie. rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands, he slipped his feet into slippers and groggily made his way out of the bedroom and to the front door.

without even thinking twice about it, he yanked the door open. his sleepy eyes didn't immediately recognise the person standing on the other side until he heard his name. "jimin?" the deep voice called. the sound snapped jimin out of his groggy state like he'd been doused with a bucket of cold water. his eyes blinked repeatedly in disbelief. "father?" his eyes widened.

attempting futilely to brush back his messy hair, he bowed only to bump his head against the door. he winced, rubbing a hand at his forehead as he straightened. the twitch in his leg had already begun as he registered that his father was standing right in front of him at jangmi's home. the older man simply stared at his son unamused. "is han jangmi home?" he questioned once jimin looked slightly more composed. "y-yes." he nodded, scratching his nape with his index finger. "do you not want me to come in?" myungsoo asked when he didn't move out of the way. "ah," his eyes widened slightly before he stepped to the side, opening the door wider to let the man in.

glancing back, myungsoo gestured for the guards that stood behind him to stay back before walking into the house. jimin shut the door, watching the way his father slowly took in his surrounding. he led him to the living room, asking him to take a seat. "where is she?" myungsoo asked as soon as he was comfortably seated. "she's um...sleeping." he replied, fingers going through his hair again. he really didn't want to have to wake her up.

he was quite embarrassed to be seen like that at the moment and he didn't want jangmi feeling the same. and the fact that his father made no comments about him clearly spending the night at her place made jimin feel very uncomfortable.

he opened his mouth to speak again when he heard soft footfalls. his head snapped up as he heard jangmi's quiet voice, "hey, blanche. did you sleep okay?" a soft purr followed as the footfalls resumed. "jangmi," he called softly, listening for every sound she made, he noticed the way her footfalls ceased again. "jimin?" she sounded surprised and he couldn't blame her. her footfalls resumed, sounding closer with each step she took. "you're still here? i thought you'd go-" she froze once she stood at the archway, eyes widening in surprise when she saw he wasn't alone. her hands went to her night robe, pulling it tighter around her.

"chairman park."

☀☀☀

the initial plan in the plot was for the whole sleepover and jimin's father showing up to be two separate scenes but i decided to lump it together because why not?
++ since i will be starting my externship (it's like internship but without the coffee and printer runs) in a week, i'm trying really hard to push out as much chapters as i can before i have to go to work in a law firm as well as a court. who needs summer breaks when you can wake up early everyday and play junior attorney for 8 hours?
+++ black haired jimin is back and i am actually dying