LXXI

ACT XV | SCENE LXXI

APPLE JACKS

HOPE SWIRLED IN both jimin and jangmi's hearts, making their chests swell as they walked faster towards her home. "i don't understand. if he was caught on camera, why haven't they found him yet?" jangmi questioned. "he was spotted a couple of hours too late. but the police are tracking all the cctv cameras in that area to see if they can figure out where he went." he answered. "but... what did he go there for?"

"apparently, he only came there for a carton of milk and a box of apple jacks. odd right?" jimin raked his fingers through his hair. "a-apple jacks?" jangmi stuttered, making him look at her. "yeah. what's wrong?" his brows furrowed, concern colouring his face. "jimin, that's rosalie's favourite cereal." she replied, hand shaking in his. "what?" he froze, stopping them both. "then, the reason he went there was to get them for rosalie?" his gaze was wide. "i think so. i hope so." she added the second part in a low voice.

"i don't know how i'm supposed to feel about this tidbit of information." he mumbled as he turned and continued walking. she sighed heavily. "i just want them to find her as soon as possible." she leaned her head against his shoulder. "they will." his free hand moved up to stroke her hair.

"jimin?"

both their gazes shot up to see nari standing in front of jangmi's house, next to one of the security details. they stared at her, surprised by her presence. her gaze shifted from jimin to jangmi. "can i come in?" she asked softly. "yes, of course." jangmi nodded slowly, straightening so that she was no longer leaning on jimin. still holding his hand, she led the way into the house.

"so what's this about?" she asked as soon as they were seated. nari pressed her lips together, glancing down at her hands. "i heard what happened." her gaze moved back up to meet the other woman's. "i'm really sorry. i really hope you find her." her voice was low, strained. jangmi thought she seemed on edge, wondering if it was because of how close she and jimin were, she leaned away from him. he glanced at her at the action but said nothing. "thank you." she forced a tired smile. "i hope so too."

jimin eyed nari, noting the way she kept wringing her hands. "uh, nari, are you okay? you seem a little jittery." he pointed out, unable to ignore it any longer. "hm?" she shifted her gaze to him. "yeah, i'm fine." she nodded too enthusiastically, making it forced, unlike her usual cheerful manner. "but you don't look fine. you keep tapping your heel and wringing your hands. if you have something to say, you should say it." jangmi's eyes narrowed.

nari's lips pressed together again, a slightly panicked expression on her face. "i-i'm not sure how you'd take this." she looked at jimin when she spoke. "nari, what did you do?" his voice was low and laced with lethality. "i-i-i didn't do anything!" she jumped slightly in her seat, seeing how his eyes had darkened. "but i feel like it's my fault." she casted her gaze downwards. "like what's your fault?" jangmi's voice was calmer, though anxiety seeped through. "rosalie being taken." nari murmured. "how?" both parents queried, leaning forward.

"you're not going to like what i'm about to say." she mumbled before her gaze landed on jimin. "especially you." his brows furrowed at her words. "you have to know, i'd never acquiesce to such but i can't help but feel a sense of responsibility." she continued. "just spill it." jangmi urged, sounding annoyed.

"i spoke to your mum, jimin. i don't know for sure, but um, i think she might know something about the kidnapping." she spoke quietly, wringing her hands even more. "what? why would you even say that?" jimin's eyes were wide, leg already twitching. "it... it was something she said." she answered quietly. "what did she say?" jangmi's hands were fisted by her sides, knuckles slowly turning white. she was going red in the face with the effort of trying to maintain her self-control.

"when i was trying to find out w-what happened, she said something about how the positive was that we would know if 'the girl is really jimin's child'."

"what?" the couple exclaimed. "b-but i don't know for sure! i just thought you should know." nari looked at jangmi, whose reddening face was angry and hurt. nari cautiously moved towards her. "i'm really sorry. i hope i'm wrong about this."

jimin, who'd been compulsively tapping his thigh, abruptly got on his feet. "please, stay with her, nari. i'll be back." he shot one last glance at the two women and walked out the door.

☀️☀️☀️

welp there it is. i keep trying to rephrase that direct quote from hyunjoo because it doesn't come off the way i want it to but i really can't think of a better way to put it so i'll just leave it at that. so some of you guessed hyunjoo had something to do with it so you're probably not so surprised but i'll pretend this is a huge unexpected plot twist. (how many so's were in that statement wut)
also thank you for 50k reads!!! and this story is currently ranking #4 in both bangtan and park jimin which i still can't believe. it's all thanks to you wonderful people who click on this story. i love you guys so much ♡♡
and, to make y'all feel better, here's baby jimin in a walker ^^

 i love you guys so much ♡♡and, to make y'all feel better, here's baby jimin in a walker ^^