EX

A ONE MILLION READS EXTRA

POPCORN

[november 2009]

ANOTHER SIGH ESCAPED taehyung's lips, making jimin shoot him a look. his nose crinkled at his friend who had a loved up expression on his face as he stared at the tv screen. "dude, you realise she's twice your age, right?"

"age is just a number." taehyung mused, resting his cheek in his palm. "she's old enough to be your aunt. or even your mother." jimin deadpanned, clearly unamused by his friend's thought process. "i don't care. i still want to be with her," came the entranced response.

"even if that was possible, unless you want her to catch a case, it'll never happen." jimin reached for the bowl of popcorn. "but it has to!" taehyung whined. "kim taehyung and kim taehee! just imagine it. don't our names together have a nice ring to it? it practically screams 'meant to be'." the younger boy spread his hands in the air as though the words would magically appear by his action.

jimin shook his head. "no, it screams 'my best friend is fucking delusional'." he replied, tossing a handful of popcorn in his mouth. "you're seventeen. she's thirty... actually, you're not even seventeen yet. she'll never see you as a man."

taehyung's bottom lip jutted out in a pout, a whine leaving his mouth as he kicked his legs. "aren't you supposed to be supportive? and aren't you always saying true love should conquer all?"

"okay, so you want me to lie to you." jimin concluded. "you'll meet kim taehee and she'll fall head over heels in love with you even though she was closer to fourteen than thirteen when you popped out of your mother's womb. your love will be eternal and everyone will be crazy jealous of the two of you because you'll be the cutest couple that ever lived."

taehyung shot him the nastiest look he could muster, pushing the older boy's hand so that the popcorn he was about to put in his mouth flew out of his grip into a mess on the floor.

jimin froze for a second before he gawked at the popcorn strewn around him. his wide-eyed gaze shifted to his best friend and he glared. "what the hell did the food do to you?!" he yelled, seemingly heartbroken at the sight of the wasted snack.

"fuck you! you were mean to me!" taehyung whined out. "so you take it out on the popcorn?" the older boy's expression was incredulous. turning away, taehyung folded his arms over his chest in a sulk, brows drawn together in a frown.

sighing deeply, jimin moved the bowl aside, scooting closer to his friend. "fine. i'm sorry for belittling your feelings for a– kim taehee." he placed an arm around the sulking boy's shoulders. "if you really believe it can happen, then it just might." he shook his best friend in an attempt to cheer him up.

"you think so?" taehyung looked at him with puppy dog eyes. the innocent expression tugged at the corners of jimin's mouth, eyes crinkling into warm crescents. "i do."

taehyung's cheeks rounded fully in a child-like smile, eyes nearly squinting shut. "okay, but if it doesn't happen and you still don't have a girlfriend, you'll have to marry me." he replied.

jimin's eyes narrowed and he pushed away from his slightly younger friend, nose crinkling. "that's not happening, my friend." he stated flatly. "what? but you're the only person compatible with me besides her." taehyung pouted.

"well, then you'll die single." jimin shrugged. "what if you don't have anyone?" the younger boy asked. "i'm not marrying you, tae." jimin shook his head, index and middle fingers rubbing at his forehead. "but look how cute i am, jiminie..." taehyung dragged out the nickname, leaning closer to his best friend with his hands cupping his cheeks.

jimin jumped on his feet, moving away from him. "nope. never."

• • •

[november 2017]

a smile tugged on taehyung's lips and jimin glanced at him. he chuckled at his friend who stared at the tv screen with fascination and slight amusement. "she hasn't aged a day."

"i know. i told you age is just a number." taehyung tilted his head, watching the news with interest. "you're old enough to be seen as a man now." jimin remarked, tucking his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "but she has a man, now." taehyung chuckled at the irony.

"and a kid to boot." he added, looking away from the screen when the beautiful older woman's face was replaced by someone else's. his gaze panned over to his friend's. "remember our deal?"

"once again, we've talked about this. there was no deal." jimin enunciated with a sigh. "and even if there was, it's no longer valid because i'm married now." he added, eyes still on the tv screen, though he wasn't really paying attention to it.

"and i have someone who's just as compatible now." taehyung grinned. jimin's fingers sifted through his hair. it was much longer now, falling into his eyes, though not as long as that of the man standing next to him. "hyunah noona," his voice was barely above a whisper. "you know, now that i think about it, you've always kind of been into older women. the epiphany hits."

"it was just one woman, jiminie." taehyung's cheeks flushed, looking away from his friend. jimin laughed, clearly amused by his best friend's reaction to his light teasing.

"now, it's two."

☀️☀️☀️

me: i'm signing off for the last time
also me: omg one million? i have to write something!
i have no loyalty to myself smh.
when i was thinking of a way to show my gratitude for all the love on this book in the simplest way i know how, i remembered how in chapter twelve, everyone lost it because of the vmin marrying line lmao. so i thought, why not write about that? and here we are. sorry it isn't a jangmin moment haha. and it's my birthday again so this is also a way to celebrate that.
anyway, i've got big news. a lot of people wanted a sequel to this story. but i already decided when i first started writing baby mama that there wouldn't be a sequel. no need for me to drag on a completed story and make it suck (because i'd definitely end up doing that, knowing myself).
but i never crossed off the possibility of a spinoff. and well, i got an idea for one that you guys might like hehe. so if you'd like to know more about it, go check out my personal, gold brandy (it's the chapter titled spinoff with two question marks).

anyway, thanks for reading this extra chapter! bye again! for real this time, i think.