LXXXI

ACT XVII | SCENE LXXXI

CHICK FLICKS

JIMIN COULDN'T STOP the grin on his face as he watched jangmi who was staring wide eyed at her ringing phone. they were out in the small backyard. rosalie was playing with blanche, rolling the small fluffy ball that she and her father had gotten for the little cat as she pawed back to her. the weather was warm, bright sun casting golden hues on everything it touched, a cool breeze wafting through everything, stirring leaves, clothes and hair. "you going to answer that?" he finally spoke up.

"it's brigitte." she looked back at him as he typed away at his laptop. even on the weekends, he seemed busy. "so it's your funeral calling." he piped, tone teasing. "it's not funny, jimin. she hates it when i keep things away from her." she groaned, tucking stray strands of brown hair behind her ear.

"then, just tell her it skipped your mind in the whirlwind. it's not like you could think of anything else at the time." he offered. "and after?" she asked. "you didn't want to get her heart rate up for nothing." he shrugged as though it was that simple.

"except it wasn't nothing, jimin." she countered. he sighed heavily, looking away from the screen of his laptop. "just pick up before–" he started only for the phone to stop ringing. "–that happens." he finished with another sigh.

it began to ring again. "answer it." he urged. "okay." she mumbled, swiping the answer button. "hey, bri! i was just thinking about you." she chirped. "really now?" the french woman's tone was obviously one of annoyance. jangmi's eyes widened a bit, moving to jimin. he gave her a reassuring smile. "i'm guessing from the tone of your voice, you found out."

"at least you're better at guessing than sharing." brigitte remarked drily. an awkward smile made its way to jangmi's face. "okay, first off, i am really truly sorry. i know how much you hate it when i keep important things away from you." she began. "it's just everything happened so fast, i couldn't even think properly. and then after it all, i didn't want to make you worried or riled up."

there was a sigh on the other end. and she felt her chest become lighter. "you're just lucky i'm way too giddy right now to be pissed." brigitte remarked. jangmi's ears perked up at that. "giddy why?" she questioned. "holy sh-shoes!" jimin exclaimed next to her, staring at the screen of his phone with wide yet smiling eyes. he turned to her and mouthed something.

"namjoon asked me out." brigitte confessed the moment she read his lips. namjoon and brigitte are dating. her eyes widened. "oh my god!" she gasped. then she squealed in happiness. she reminded jimin of their daughter in that moment. "aww, bri! this is great! c'est magnifique!" she gushed. "but when did this happen? how did it happen?"

"hyung finally grew a pair." jimin remarked softly, grinning as he typed away at his phone, all thoughts of work seemingly abandoned. "we were facetiming and he just... goddammit, it was the sweetest thing. i didn't even know he could be so romantic, wow." brigitte sighed dramatically. "what'd he do?" jangmi questioned, feeling curiosity eat at her. she noticed jimin's brow quirk up, a smug smile on his face when his phone dinged.

"while we were talking, he just randomly asked me if i'd gotten any package. and then the doorbell rang and when i opened the door, he was standing there with the cutest shy smile on his face, holding a box of cupcakes from my patisserie. i just gawked because i couldn't believe he was really there and i remembered baking those cupcakes with little hearts. and there was this cute little doodle of him asking me out on a note. jangmi, i died."

jangmi was grinning from ear to ear. her heart was swelling with joy for her friend. brigitte wasn't usually soft. always the forward go-getter, she embraced her sensuality and was never afraid to make the first move. but with namjoon, it was different from the get-go. her being shy and nervous about their relationship and smiling like a school girl whenever his name came up.