Chapter 1

" We have to get Dain back!" yelled Jasmine, frustrated.
" We know that Jasmine. But it will not be that easy! The Shadow Lord would have discovered that we would be in Del by now," said Barda quietly.
" Yes, I agree with Jasmine about this, don't forget about May too. The Shadow Lord expects us to come back. It could be a trap, we shouldn't be careless," confirmed Lief.
" Exactly," muttered Barda.
" I know..." said Jasmine in a low voice. The three of them sat there in silence, behind the big rock. They stood there, remembering what happened.

Lief walked over to Dain with the belt in his hands. and he kneeled down before him.
" As part of the citizens of Deltora, I give to you the belt of Deltora," said Lief with his head low and the belt laid out, in his stretched arms. Dain paused. Lief looked up at him and whispered.
"Come on, take it." Dain just shook his head, very frightened. Everything was going so quickly... May hesitated, at the back.
" I cannot except this" he said. May let out a sigh of relief, then shivered when she sensed danger close.
" Everyone! Get down!" She yelled, when she did crashing noises came from the ceiling. The candles went out and the room became dark. There was utter silence. There was a few gasping and screaming for short periods. But after that, it was just utter silence.  Up above the ceiling of the room was broken by something huge that had crashed through the ceiling and it had crackled in a big booming voice.
"Now you will pay! I will never forgive you, for what you did to my mother! You stole something every precious to me! My brothers and sisters! My mother! Now I will take something precious from you! Your puny king and this pretty delicious-looking lady..." he said, picking up Dain in one hand. Dain grunted and struggled while May screamed in shock in the another." They will do fine! HA HA HA HA HA HA!"
May screamed again, but even louder. The creature broke in through the ceiling with his two prisoners.
" Argh! Help me!" May sobbed. Dain panicked and simply fainted. May looked looked across the room, and cried in a loud voice.
" You can't trust him! Don't trust..." She and Dain swept through the ceiling. And they were gone.
"Nooooooooooooo!" yelled Lief, looking up at the dazed night sky. "Don't leave us..."
He bented down on his knees and wailed. The people stood there dazed, all hopes were gone. What will they do next?