Chapter 7

It had been over hours, May couldn't count. Her hands were hurting and she was thirsty. After all, being tied to wooden posts all morning couldn't be more boring, especially next to a person she didn't was to necessary talk too. She could felt him fidget under the ropes, and after a bit of struggling he sighed, his head low with discomfort. May couldn't care less, she continued to search the courtyard when a set of multiple footsteps came their way. They both looked up and they were met into the grey guards lifeless eyes.
" Well, your honour. I do hope you find the accommodation exceptional. Enjoying the view?" The captain walked up to Dain with a nasty grin." You know, it wasn't an easy job, building this. You should be grateful for our hard work." His comrades exploded with laughter. Drain, humiliated, gritted his teeth. May ignored them, day just wasn't a good day for her.
" I hope your companion here is enjoying her stay as well. We rarely have any visitors here, ya know." May looked at him, scornfully.
" Shut it, helmet head." Dain snickered.
"What did you call me?!" He bellowed, he clenched his fists tightly.
" I called you a helmet head, that's what you are, am I right?" The captain in front of her, furiously ready to attack when grey guards whispered in his ear. His mood changed immediately, as a huge grin took over.
" Seems like the mice has taken the bait. Just wait until you see the faces they'll have, when they see you. Like I say before, enjoy the view... Before it lasts..." He then turned to his fellow grey guards." Prepare the fire," he ordered. The two looked up in alarm. The captain smiled at their distraught.
" Hurry up!" The grey guards ran off, bringing in bundles of wood threw them in front the wooden post. Then barrels of oil was spilt over. May was speechless, her body trembling in fear. She closed her eyes and mumbled to herself.
" What are you doing!" This time it was Dain. He was furious. The captain snickered.
" I thought the two of you were getting cold. Don't worry, we'll heat you up in no time." He turned back to his comrades.
" Alright then, tell Fallow the party is about to start."

From the other side of the courtyard, Lief and his group watched them get ready to start a bonfire. Lief growled under his breath. Barda placed his hand on Lief's shoulder.
" Not yet, Lief. Act smart. There are way too many of them to take on. We'll just have to wait for a opening" said Barda in a low voice.
" But..."
" Think about it. All those guards have a full supply of blisters right in their gasp, think about the damage it could do," continued Barda. He looked over in the courtyard." But I'm not talking about ourselves, but if we jump out there, Dain and May could get badly burned as well."
" Yeah... But we just can't stand here and watch!"
" Of course we can't. Don't you see going out there now could just make the situation worse."
" I know. But... I gotta go!"
" I'm with Lief," said Jasmine, standing up.
" I, as well," protested Kest." I cannot stand here and watch my friends burn up and die." All three of them nodded in agreement and they ran, unprepared, into danger.