Chapter 41

May stared out into the horizon, as the morning sun shone its rays above its peeks. May was exhausted, she had never felt this tired before. Her head was a mess, every time she processed the events just moments before.
'' You okay, May?'' May turned around to see Lief standing there, smiling sympathetically. May nodded, slowly.
'' I just... need some time to think about all this..."
'' That's understandable, it must be a lot to take in." May nodded, again. Then stared at Lief, in deep thought.
'' Why are you staring at me, like that?...'' May sighed.
'' I just don't get it...'' she muttered. Lief opened his mouth to speak, when Jasmine came running down to them.
'' The belt worked! We defeated the Shadow Lord!'' Lief smiled.
'' Yeah, but it wasn't just the belt," he said, looking at May, who was already looking elsewhere." We won, because we were united."
Jasmine nodded, she looked at May, who stared at Nebe. She walking by herself, deep in thought. May wondered, what she had meant about the crystal. She seemed pretty upset with her father. Was she sad the he was gone? He was her only family relative left, it must of been cruel. May came to the decision whether or not, she should confront her. She ran her fingers through her hair, groaning. She looked up to see Nebe with her companions and decided to leave her be. She looked over at Lief and Jasmine, who looked back at the crowd. Her mind zoned back into reality and she realized that they were cheering... for her. They chanted her name, times and times again.
'' May! May! May!'' May smiled, weakly, as she waved slowly. It seemed so nostalgic.  It she knew it was for a different reason, from a different world. In a different world. Her mind bursted when she couldn't handle it anymore and she fell to the floor, exhausted. Lief rushed towards her, when he saw her fall. He called Jasmine over as he held her in his arms. He asked her to open her eyes and to response back.
" Take me to my... father." Was all she could say.