Chapter 19

Lief closed his eyes for impact, when he felt a smelly substance spattered on his face. He widened his eyes as grey guards continued to splatter him with the purple mixture. He landed in the bell tower safe and sound.
" Why are they not exploding?!" exclaimed Fallow." What is the meaning of this!" Gla-thon laughed.
" Those blisters aren't filled with Gellick's poison anymore. All they're filled with, it water and sap." Inside the tower, Lief examined his body for any injuries, when he found none he sighed in relief.
" Lief!" He looked up, to see Barda and Jasmine walk up to him, with their hands tied up. Lief smiled.
" I thought, I was never going to see you again..."
" Okay, okay. But now can you take these ropes off!" whined Jasmine. Lief laughed, and cut the rope. He went over to Doom, and cut his ropes.
" So how's he doing," asked Lief. Doom suddenly grunted.
" Oh, my dear Jasmine. Please... Don't go... My beautiful little girl..." Jasmine's expression turned soft as she held him close.
" I won't ever again..." Lief widened his eyes.
" Did he just say 'my beautiful little girl'? "
" Yeah, he did," said Barda, in a low voice." It turns out that Doom is Jasmine's father."
" I don't believe it..." said Lief, agast.
" Yeah, but it's true..." said Jasmine, softly." He started getting his memories back..."
" Apparently, Doom and Jasmine's mother ran away from somewhere, and they both ended up in the Forest of Silence," explained Barda. Lief thought for a moment.
" Well, it makes sense then." Lief looked up to Jasmine." I don't think, he ever told us where he lived... But, could it be, that Jasmine is the heir to the throne?" Jasmine stared Lief in the eye and there was a minute silence, then she looked at him with sympathy and shook her head.
" Look, but I'm sorry Lief there's no way I could be part of the royal family."
" But think about it, your parents went into hiding before you were even born," reasoned Lief. Jasmine just shook her head again.
" I know, I may have been young when the grey guards took my parents. But I would know if they were of royalty, besides nothing happened when I touched the belt. It's not me, Lief."
" She is right, of course," said Barda." If she was the heir, the belt would of reacted someway to her touch." Lief looked down and sighed.
" Then, where in the world could King Endon and Queen Sharn's child be?"
" But we can talk about that later," said Barda, glancing out the window." Look out the window." They all hurried to the window and saw the wood leaning against the tower.
" Can you hear me, vermin!" cried Fallow." This is your last chance! I will get that belt, one way or another." The grey guards beside him lit the wood with their torches. The fire spread around the bell tower at a fast pace. Fallow laughed, diabolically, as the fire crackled. Lief looked with an uneasy face.
" He's got us trapped. There's no way out."
" This isn't good," said Jasmine." We've got to do something." They felt at a lost, until the three of them heard a young and unforgettable voice, they hadn't heard in ages.
" Lief!"