Chapter 37

Lief looked down at the belt and checked the gems with the touch of his hand. His hand reached an empty socket and tightened his fists.
" There's one more. The topaz."
" Here!" Lief looked up to see Barda holding the topaz. All of a sudden, a grey guard attacked him and he fought him with one hand, the other with the topaz. Lief smiled, he was finally going the reunite the belt again. When he was taken off his feet, an explosion of rocks tumbling on top of him.
" Lief!" cried Jasmine. Lief waved his hand in the air from underneath the pile of rumble." Lief! Hold on!"
Jasmine turned to Barda, who was still struggling with the grey guard." Barda! Pass the gem to me! I can get it to Lief more faster! Quickly!" Barda makes a move to throw the gem, as he gives himself some space."
Here!" He threw it over to Jasmine, who caught it and ran over to Lief. She helped Lief get out of the mess he was in, and passed him the gem.
" Is this the last one?" she asked. Lief nodded in response.
" Yeah, all that's left is to pass it to May." Jasmine nodded back. Lief placed the topaz onto the belt and it beamed in completion. A loud boom came from the palace entrance, which caught the Shadow Lord's attention. Lief used this time to search around.
" May! May! Where are you?!"
" I'm over here!" She replied from across the courtyard.
" I'm coming over to you with the belt!" said Lief, loudly. Shadow Lord came back, angry, realizing the belt was complete. He tipped over another tower and it fell towards Lief. He managed to escape the tower, but not the impact. He tumbled in the air, falling on his side. He felt his waist to feel nothing there. He got up, franticly, crawling across the floor, in search of the belt. It was just in his reach and he sighed in relief. He crawled towards the belt, when someone bet him to it. They picked up the belt and dangled it in their fingers. Lief noticed those recognizable blue boots with metal cravings on it. Their blue cloak covering the floor. He shivered at the icy feeling he was getting and widened his eyes. He looked up to see a expressionless face.
" Nebe?"

If you want to know about Nebe, then read @Aquaria1234's story called " The Hidden Crystals of Deltora"